“19 Scouts - Enjoyed their stay!!”
Review of The Venture Centre

The Venture Centre
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We arrived in July with 19 scouts and 4 adults.

Our stay was very well organised with 3 activities most days & all structured around your plans (stopping for lunch & dinner) the activities ran from 9am to 9pm most days & had the kids shattered :)

The kitchen was as expected although we found that others staying in the accommodation did not do their best to clean up after themselves - but obviously not a complaint to the staff.
We did get a few "warnings" for noise at night, although again, this was from the other groups staying in the accommodation which annoyed us a little :P

But all in all a GREAT stay with GREAT activities and GREAT schedules. We'll be looking into joining yous again in another few years with a new group of scouts.

Thanks for the great stay!

2  Thank LisaStaines

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I hadn't even arrived home before I was telling my friends how amazing it was and that we are definitely going next year. It was just incredible as the days were packed fun of activities so you were never bored. The instructors were so kind and patient with all the younger people in our group so they all just loved them. The food, Oh my goodness. I can't even describe how amazing it was! I literally can't credit them enough for how excellent the centre is! I really recommend it and it has made me want to take up so many different sports! Thank you so much!

1  Thank Becky O
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Just back from one of the best camps I've been involved with through Scouting The venture Centre is a must stay for people of all ages esp Scouts/Cubs.We learned so much from very professional and friendly staff ,my face is still sore from laughing.Simon ,Mike and their Dad run this amazing Centre with help from very friendly and patient staff.Our Scouts were looked after by Miles,Nick ,Mike and Phil who will always be part of our scout unit .We will definitely be back . If anyone reading this is looking for a real exciting ,fun activity break GO HERE you can trust me on that.
Thanks again guys
See you soon
Stephen

3  Thank Stephen14th
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We have just arrived home from the Venture Centre after having a brilliant time. Accommodation is excellent and food for the kids and leaders alike excellent.Mike and Simon have a well run establishment here and their staff are to be commended. Too name but a few, Miles, tremendous, Mike, superb, Mike, so totally patient, lovely guy and phil. All we can say is, your centre comes very highly recommended and at no stage did any of us ever feel in danger. The facilities are great, staff wonderful and friendly, Kids felt totally safe as did the Leaders and everyone got involved. You truly have a wonderful establishment in your centre and staff are brilliant. We recommend it highly and we will definitely be back.

Simon and Mike you run a wonderful Venture Centre and it is an experience our kids as a Scout Group will never forget.

Well done to all of you.

3  Thank SiobhanHorner
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We had a short 3-day break at the center and had a fantastic time. The staff are fantastic: keen, polite, professional, highly-skilled. We were able to do kayaking, abseiling, gorge-walking, shooting and archery - filling nearly every hour of the day. We wanted to be challenged which we were, but never felt too far out-of-our depth and always had the experts on-hand to ensure nothing went wrong.
The accommodation is good - hot water all the time, heating through the night in the cold, and en-suite bathroom with 3 sharing (in our case). Highly recommended to try a new sport, or go further and challenge yourself to something you'd never otherwise do.

4  Thank Ian F