“Simply Spectacular”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

A delightful French menu using fresh Manx ingredients. From the moment I dipped my fork into the souffle appetizer ...accompanied by a walnut salad - I was sold. We are a Manx American family, all of us love to travel and this rates among the best of the best. I wish we could import this chef to our home in Manhattan. My lucky cousins get to live right near to him in Ramsey. The restaurant is modern and the decor pretty cool. It's not pretenious and manages to make you feel special but not overwhelmed. Staff is well trained and answered all our questions thouroughly. The IOM is lucky to have Jean Pierre

1  Thank Linda G

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very happy with Jean-Pierre's - 4 of us went for a business lunch. Small but adequate choice of menu. We had bouillabaisse and Queenies in pancakes - both lovely. Dessert and coffee. Would return again for both a business meal and family/friends outing.

1  Thank lakes-claire
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I took my wife into Jean-Pierre's for her birthday and we were pleasantly surprised by the ambience, superb service and excellent food. It's definitely a restaurant I can recommend and we shall be eating there again in the not too distant future.

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Finally a restaurant in Ramsey to crow about. have now eaten here a couple of times and the food does not disappoint. fantastic menu and a good selection of complimentary wines. The menu is not overly long but offers a good selection, and if you like fish the specials are a real treat.
Real quality, friendly staff and a very accomplished Chef. Hope to be able to eat here for years to come.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Very pleasant surroundings and tastefully decorated. Plenty of time between courses and no feeling of being 'rushed'.

The menu was a little disappointing and rather average - I was expecting something more creative.
I've had manx Queenies served on pancakes before at another establishment and I'm sorry - but in my opinion, they do not complement each other. The pancakes were rather stodgy.

Overall, the meal wasn't bad. Service reasonable although I had to request bread with the complimentary olives which in itself is a nice touch.

However, lime and soda is NOT a bottle of 7 Up!!

1  Thank Garricke_12