“Mediocre experience - no parking available”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitley Bay
Whitley Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Kemnay, United Kingdom
“Mediocre experience - no parking available”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Got a very last minute deal on a 2 night weekend break. Thought great as decided to visit sunderland airshow last minute. The price paid was more than ideally I would've.wanted to pay but with only 3 days notice, was a bit stuck for choice.
On arrival the reception was closed, we had called ahead so knew this was going to be the case. Security promptly came down and checked us in. No problem there. Drove to caravan to find there was no parking available. So had to leave car with hazards on and go find the caravan. Only to then find the caravan door and windows all open, the spare key still in door! Cant say we were best pleased about that as anyone could have been in there or worse still taken that key and let themselves in later.
Back to the car we went only to have to park beside clubhouse and walk back. Good job we'd not forgotten anything.
The caravan was basic but expected that. Was clean,which was a nice surprise as previous stays in park resorts had not been so clean. in the kitchen however the sky light was broken so, you could see the dust,cobwebs and dirt up there,plus it being above the work tops. Not the most hygienic I thought. Beds were on the hard side but still slept well on them. a slight smell of damp throughout which was strange with the recent hot weather.
Before checking out we had to go and get the car again to pack up. We got back to the caravan and found housekeeping sitting on the steps waiting to clean it. It was only 9am and check out wasn't till 10, nothing like being felt rushed. She mentioned that she didn't have a key for the caravan. Thats because I have 2 I thought to myself. She left and we went to reception to check out. I mentioned my concerns about the caravan being found open.on day 1. The response I got was " ah that's just housekeeping airing the van for you making sure that it was nice a cool" when I said about the key in the door and that anyone could have been in there. I was told security was about and would see that. I am doubtful of that as they don't know who is who and where they exactly belong to. I left feeling fobbed off not listened to, not a great last impression of the park.

This being the 2nd mediocre park resorts experience in only 5 weeks not sure if we will use again. Especially when you pay what you do and get so little.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martyn W
Park R, General Manager at Whitley Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent holiday with us. It is disappointing to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Although we cannot guarantee private parking with our units there are designated parking areas close to each accommodation location area and I apologise if parking your vehicle may have caused you frustration during your stay. We have stringent procedures in place to ensure that all of our accommodation is prepared to the highest standard prior to a guest’s arrival and I must apologise that we have let you down on this occasion. I will investigate the matters in which you have raised with the team and I wish to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Finally it always concerns us when a guests leaves less than satisfied with any aspect of their holiday and it is reviews such as your which allows us to continually evaluate and improve the service in which we provide to all future guests. Thank you for the time it has taken to write your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

To start this is my first time of Trip Advisor. I am originally from Whitley Bay but now live in the USA and come over to visit my family every year. This year decided to try the caravan park with my two daughters ages 15 and 16. When I booked by phone I asked for a caravan near the entertainment complex and entrance (for bus stop as we did not have a car) as my older daughter has a heart condition and long walks can bring on a lot of fatigue. I was assured they would do that and the lady said I will put that on your booking form. Well when we arrived and I was given the map showing our caravan I noted it was far away (Elm Walk) I mentioned this but was told it is not that far it just looks it on the map, well it was far and some days very challenging for my daughter - I was not offered a location closer when I mentioned my daughter's medical condition.

Before booking I had seen the reviews and had some reservations but thought as I am booking a Silver Plus for 2 weeks at over 800 pounds surely I will get a decent caravan. Well the mattresses were bad especially my kids. Mine was hard but their's almost had the springs poking through - intolerable to sleep on, the next day I reported this - they said they would bring duvet covers to double over and put on mattress. Unfortunately they did not bring them that day and through the night I heard an almighty thump, l leapt out my bed and ran into my daughters' room and found one of them sobbing in pain as she had fell out of bed trying to find a comfortable spot on the mattress, she whacked her head on the floor when she fell. The following morning the duvets came.

Also I was missing a shelf in the oven, I did not realise this until I put a chicken in then realised there was no shelf to put my roast potatoes on so I had to wait for chicken to cook then put in potatoes. I reported this next day, the staff did fry to find a shelf to fit this oven but the two they gave me to try did not fit and they said there was nothing else they could do.

There were some other things with the caravan that others have mentioned but I am so bothered about that. I am mainly upset about ignoring my request for location of caravan due to daughter's medical condition and the horrendous mattresses that were like a bed of nails.

Despite all this we did have a good time. The site was clean, the staff (especially shop, arcade, bar) were very pleasant. My teens really enjoyed themselves and I saw a lot of youngsters having a blast. It is a lovely place it is such a shame about about the problems with some of the caravans especially the mattresses - I was not expecting perfection by any means but this was not some newspaper discount deal we paid the regular price cor 2 weeks and expect to be able to sleep comfortably. Anyway like I said despite this we did enjoy our stay and my kids even want to come back next year!!!!

1 Thank LindaT528
Thank you Linda for your review of Whitley Bay Holiday Park. I am sorry to note that you were disappointed with aspects of your holiday and that you were unhappy with the location of your holiday home. We do our utmost to carry out any special requests and I apologise that we were unable to get you any closer to the entertainment complex during your stay. Our guests comfort is of the utmost importance and we can replace mattresses should this be requested however please accept our apologies that this was not the case during your stay. We take great pride in the standard of accommodation in which we provide. Please be assured that I have liaised with our Accommodation Manager regarding the matters in which you have raised as it is reviews such as yours which help us to evaluate, learn and improve the services in which we provide to all future guests. I am pleased that you found the site to be clean and that you found our park team to be very pleasant. I do hope that you haven’t judged us too harshly and that you choose to holiday with us again so that we are able to demonstrate our usual high standards.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Been on many a caravan park before but nothing like this. Cant fault the place. Big family gathering holiday this time (and the last lol) but it was the best ever! the reception team so friendly when we got there. A lady cameand knocked on the door soon after we got to the caravan to see if everything was ok.....service is first class! best of all, on my way to the bins a work lad at 8 in the morning was walking by and offered to put the rubbish I was carrying into the bin! Whitley Bay itself is brill to go and visit with lot of sites to see close by. Tynemouth gorgeous, the beaches first class the park excellent! Am coming back whitley bay Well done!

Room Tip: Speak to any of the team - they are more than happy to help
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank abbey k
Thank you so much Abbey for your recent review of Whitley Bay Holiday Park. It is amazing to learn that you and the whole family enjoyed your stay with us. All of our team members throughout the park are dedicated in assisting our guests throughout their stay and it’s fantastic to read that we demonstrated our high levels of customer service from the reception team to the maintenance operatives. Many of our guests choose Whitley Bay Holiday Park because of its location and stunning surroundings and it looks as though you took full advantage of our nearby tourist attractions during your stay. We do hope that you choose to holiday with us again and thank you for the time it has taken to write your review.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Upgraded to luxury caravan as I do each year. Caravan was standard at best, I complained but was told it was the right caravan. It was totally different to last years luxury van. No storage in the kitchen or bathroom at all, very little storage in the bedrooms, old and ripped settee coverings, only 1 pan with a broken handle, such a bad mattress on my daughters single bed that I had to fold the spare double quilt up and put it under the bottom sheet on her bed. I was very disappointed after paying an extra £76 to upgrade to luxury.
On a good note, the swimming pool was lovely and warm. The children's entertainment was great, thanks to Danni and Rachel.

1 Thank MichelleKelly60
Thank you for your review of Whitley Bay Holiday Park Michelle. We are very disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the standard of your accommodation. We take great pride in the standard of the holiday homes in which we provide. Our caravans have many grades and as it is unclear as to which unit you were allocated within your review may I request you contact our customer care team on 0191 253 1216 to discuss details further regarding the matters you have raised? I am pleased to read however that you enjoyed the on park entertainment to which Danni and the team would like to thank you for your kind words. I do hope that you haven’t judged us too harshly and that you consider to holiday with us again in the future to allow us to demonstrate our usual high standards. Thank you again for the time it has taken to write your review.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

From arrival to departure this place is amazing. The staff can't do enough to help (although seeming short staffed everywhere) and work their socks off! Park is clean, area surrounding fantastic. Just what the doctor ordered! Booked up for next year already. Well done Whitley Bay!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kevin S
Wow! Thank you so much Kevin for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Whitley Bay Holiday Park. It is amazing to read that you found the park to be clean and that you had a great holiday experience with us. As within our previous response our team members work incredibly hard to ensure that each guests stay is a magical one, and it is reviews such as yours which drive the team further to exceed our guests expectations and create amazing memories for all that choose to holiday with us. We hope that you and the family choose Whitley Bay Holiday Park again in the near future. Thank you again for the time it has taken to write your review.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

would recommend this holiday park to anyone had a great time .the team where nothing but helpful in all aspects ,friendly and polite and really helped to make our visit enjoyable , will definitely visit again for a short break

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lawrence w
Thank you for your review post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to read your high recommendations and that you had a great holiday with us. All of our team members work tirelessly to ensure we create amazing memories for all visitors who choose to holiday with us and I am so pleased we demonstrated our hard work and dedication during your stay. We hope that you choose Whitey Bay Holiday Park again in the near future. Thank you again for the time it has taken to write your review.
Greenock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in a bronze caravan.it was spotless and very well maintained .park was clean and all staff very friendly.we enjoyed the pool and the entertainment staff were superb my kids loved mikey but u-boy's one liners had me in stitches we all had a great time and we didn't want to leave so much so that we have started to look into booking up again
We left something in the caravan my accident and I phoned to ask about it and was told that it would be sent to me by post . Absolutely brilliant costumer service I would recommend this park to anyone

2 Thank tony2719761
Thank you for your review of Whitley Bay Holiday Park. It is great to read that you were satisfied with the standard of your holiday home accommodation. We pride ourselves in the service and standards in which we provide and it is brilliant to see that we demonstrated our continued high customer service and returned the item you left behind. The entertainment team are fantastic this season and they would like to say a big thank you for your kind words. I do hope that you choose Whitley Bay Holiday Park as your next holiday destination. Thank you again for your recommendations and the time it has taken to write your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitley Bay
#3 of 10 in Whitley Bay
Grand Hotel
Grand Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tynemouth

Been to Whitley Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!