“Wonderful!”

Ranked #3 of 23 Whitley Bay B&B and Inns
Vermont
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Even having read the reviews, I hadn't fully appreciated how good this would be. We had the twin room at the top of the house. It was impeccably clean. The sheets smelt nice (I love staying in places where the bedding smells good!) and the en-suite sparkled. Maureen was the most helpful host I could imagine - making me a pot of tea the moment I walked through the door, texting a message to my mother when I had problems with my phone etc.

The location was great - central to Whitley Bay and a stone's throw from the sea.

I'll be back - and I recommend it highly to anyone who is looking for a good value, high quality b&b.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hobozo
Moe1Wull2, Owner at Sunholme Guest House, responded to this review, 9 January 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Take Care

William & Maureen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have just returned from a fantastic girls weekend away at the Sunholme. Our five bed en suite room on the top floor was amazing. Sea view, spotlessly clean, comfy bed, nicely decorated and had everything we needed. Maureen and William are the perfect hosts - really friendly and helpful (and very good fun too - we laughed a lot)! My poached egg for breakfast was the best I have ever had. It went down brilliantly after a lovely run along the beach (which is a stones throw away). I am looking forward to returning in the future with my husband and kids. Thank you William and Maureen.

1 Thank Sheila R
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

So glad you had a lovely weekend.

Hope to see you again soon

Kindest Regards.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a super stay at the Sunholme Guest House at the weekend. The rooms are clean, tidy with comfy beds and the breakfast was amazing, after a run along the beach! Maureen and William make you feel very welcome, nothing is too much trouble. The guest house is suitable for all, families to solo travellers. Can't wait for my next visit.

1 Thank Nicola G
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've never stayed anywhere before where I instantly felt so at home. Fabulous guest house with the most welcoming owners and also the most comfortable beds ever! The location is perfect. The beach, shops and drinking establishments are within a few mins walking but also far enough away that there is no noise at night. A cracking night away, so thank you!!

1 Thank 40Gillian74
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review

Hope to see you again in the near Future

Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

William & Maureen lovely couple really friendly and helpful!
Rooms are faultless... Breakfast looked amazing too, unfortunately I couldn't try any due to the night festivities previously (Jamie's Stag Do)
Would definitely highly recommend and stay there again

Regards

Adam

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ATRobins

Much appreciated Hope to see you all again in the near future.

William Maureen
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I traveled to the Sunholme Guest house for a short get away with my partner.

I was warmly welcomed by the owners, and shown to my room, not a fault whatsoever, everything immaculate, comfy bed and large screen digital tv! And was even happier at the fact we could see the sea from our room! It's extremely close to the sea side and all locals amenities, I would recommend staying at this guesthouse , I would honestly give it 10* if I could it was spot on, we will certainly be back in the future.

P.s the breakfast is awesome!

Many thanks

Ash

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshandRach
Your review is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

England
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We found ourselves booked into the Sunholme when our original
B&B couldn't take us. I was a little nervous as going somewhere I hadn't checked out. Needn't have worried as we were made to feel extremely welcome. William and Maureen perfect hosts and very friendly. Huge room at top of the house which was exceptionally clean and tidy. Super comfortable bed and nice quality linen, had a perfect sleep which is very unusual for me! Breakfast was faultless and very scrummy! All in all a super B&B, would highly recommend, many thanks to you both. On leaving I compliment Maureen on her great B&B. She said "we do this because we enjoy it"......can I just say......it shows!!! Tracy & Ray Finlay x

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

We look forward to seeing you in the near Future.