“Lovely little find”
Review of The Metropolitan

The Metropolitan
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Whitley Bay
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed in the Metropolitan for 2 nights this week 14-16th April. On arrival, was able to park directly outside. I was met at the door and shown up Tony room. Room 2. Lovely room with 2 single beds in. Tea and coffee facilities. Complimentary bottles of water. The decor was very clean and simple but still stylish. The bathroom was small but had everything you need in there. Nice big TV on the wall and a separate DVD player. Good quality soap and shower gel. A really useful box in the bathroom containing cotton buds, cotton wool and a shower cap. Lovely soft fluffy towels.
The bed was comfortable and I like the simple white cover with a little throw at the bottom. Wifi was good. 8mbs. May not be much for some but it is much better than I'm used to at home.
It was lovely and quiet in the road outside, and more so at the back where I was.
Breakfast was plentiful. I didn't opt for the cooked breakfast but I saw what other people had and it looked really tasty and beautifully presented.
Excellent choice if cereals, fresh fruit, pastries , yogurts, and juices. Tea or coffee was served in individual pots. The dining room followed the theme in the hotel and was light and airy.
I have family locally so this is an ideal place to base myself when I come up to visit.
A lovely stay and would definitely stay again.

My only negative points are ( and I'm sure this can be remedied) . I had 2 windows in my room and they were big windows. Unfortunately these windows look directly into the bedrooms of the hotel next door. Consequently I kept my curtains closed all of the time( putting my make up on in unnatural light) . A frosted /opaque cover on the glass would remedy that. I sleep with my window open, so I heard sound from the kitchen downstairs from around 6am and could smell food being cooked. Most of the time. These are the only slightly negative points I wish to raise.
Otherwise, a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front. Nice street view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for The Metropolitan

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What a great little place this is. Immaculate and very simply but stylishly decorated. Room very good and a lot of detail and care taken into the planning . great shower and the bathroom smelt like a spa with all the little extras. Great breakfast with good veggie options.
Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Ideally situated mid way between sea front and town, with a friendly and efficient welcome. My single room was light and airy with adjustable radiator and windows that opened easily. Very smart style decor and spotlessly clean. A lot of attention to detail in the room with good supply of toiletries including magnifying mirrow, cotton buds, tissues etc, good lighting, large flat screen TV. A range of fruit and ordinary teas coffee and chocolate and a complementary home baked muffin and "Border" biscuit. Plenty of information about local amenities. Comfortale, good size bed and very quiet.
An excellent choice of cooked to order breakfast dishes, I had the buuffet breakfast that included fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, cereals and delightful fresh pastries.
Excellent value for money - thank you for an enjoyable stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We can fully recommend this wonderful guest house. Very clean, very modern, well looked after and a fabulous breakfast. Nothing too much trouble. The owners were on a well earned weeks break, the house was run perfectly by their friend. All the ground work was in place and the place ran like clockwork. You have done a great job in producing this great place to stay. We can recommend it without hesitation. WELL DONE and THANK YOU.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Rosie and the gang made us welcome from the minute we stepped through the door. Nothing was a problem for them ! Went above and beyond the call of duty and the rooms were immaculate and modernly designed I would defo reccomend and most definitely be back . Ideal for families as our room slept 6! Should have that 5th star ASAP !!! Michelle , coatbridge

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed last minute for 1 night with my hubby and 2 sons aged 2 and 7 months old absolutely loved it! Room was beautiful! Breakfast was delicious! Price was exceptionally good value! Will be back and will definitely recommend to friends!... Thank you

• Stayed: February 2014
TheMetropolitan, Owner at The Metropolitan, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

thank you for taking the time to leave a review i am pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us , we look forward to seeing you next time your in the area

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Excellent place friendly owner parking outside 2 mins from the Metro.
Modern clean room with lots of light and tasteful decoration. Very comfortable bed and quiet room.
This is the best bed and breakfast for he money I have ever stayed in more like an Hotel.
Very clean in fact immaculate large ceiling room and warm the option of controlling the heat yourself and not switched off late at night by the owner.
Restaurant excellent 5 stars well cooked and tasty good quality filter coffee too.
I would stay here again.
Well done!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

thank you for taking the time to leave a review i am pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us , we are really happy that you think we are the best you have stayed in, we look forward to seeing you next time your in the area

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitley Bay
#3 of 10 in Whitley Bay
The Chedburgh Hotel
The Chedburgh Hotel
#8 of 10 in Whitley Bay

Been to The Metropolitan? Share your experiences!