The Metropolitan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)
Oaktree Lodge(Whitley Bay)
Hotel 52(Whitley Bay)
View Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
View Hotel
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
Grand Hotel(Tynemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bplates and cutleryhot chocolatefresh fruitextra touchesbottled waterlittle extrason arrivalbiscuitsmetro stationexcellent breakfastroom numbercomfortable bedseach morningwarm welcometea and coffeelittle gem
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is our second visit to Andrew and Steve at The Metropolitan in Whitley Bay.
They gave us a wonderful happy, comfortable experience. Very stylist decor, comfortable beds, marvellous welcome.

There is nothing at all missing to make us happy, and the breakfast was to die for. I couldn't do better myself.

My daughter and grandson came with me from Cheshire so we were tired when we arrived but they did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

We shall definitely come back.

Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JudiRWilmslow
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Thank you for a lovely night at the Metropolitan. I have stayed in several b&b's and my husband thinks I moan a lot, but I could not find anything to moan about here! we were welcomed by Stephen, who showed us up to our room. no6 which was lovely. we had a great night's sleep - very nice decor. Plenty of pillows and bedding. In the morning we ate a brilliant breakfast, just as ordered, cooked very well. I do find it hard to find places to stay that are up to my expectations...but this has definitely done it. 10/10.
.I would definitely recommend for couples or families, there family rooms looked great and plenty of room. Our room was immaculate and a good size. (we came as a couple, but we do have 2 young children)
If coming back to Whitley Bay I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CREWIE_71
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked my parents in for 3 nights and they LOVED it- staff were attentive, decor was lovely and the whole place was spotless. The breakfast was lovely and very high quality (and my parents are veggies and a bit fussy).The owners even let our toddler (who wasn't staying there) join my parents for breakfast and they gave her a goody bag when she left. I'll be recommending to evryone and you won't be dissapointed if you book here!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2014

this was our second time here at the metropolitan...it did not disappoint.....exceptionally clean and the breakfast was at its usual high standard....The hosts are fabulous... thankyou guys for making our mother and daughter time very special..we will be back in september.. oh and the cup cakes are delicious.....
Mandy and Sheila xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Its been 12 months since my last review of the Metropolitan and tonight sadly is my last night. My work moves me on but i take with me fond memories of my 12 months here. Its more than a B&B and in Andrew & Stephen i have two great friends. This has been a second home and they have been great hosts who have made me feel at home where nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are still well maintained, the breakfast menu classy ranging now from the traditional english breakfast with quality meats sourced locally, to continental inclusive of danish pastry, cereal inclusive of home made granola or museli and fruit salads or fruit platters. The Kedgeree is a great twist for a breakfast and smoked salmon underlines why this is worthy of its top breakfast awards. From morning to evening i have been well catered for and want to recommend to all that reads this review this fabuolus place. You will not be disapointed and within find absolute value for your money. Keep up the great work guys and if i find a B&B half as good and if i am looked after half as much i will be blessed.

See you