Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
Grand Hotel(Tynemouth)
US$132
The Metropolitan(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate car parklarge bathroomdefinitely stay here againout of seasontea coffeesea viewnewcastleseafrontkettlepubs
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for 3 nights
B&B enjoyed our stay with lovely friendly staff. Johnathan on reception is there to help and make you welcome with a laugh. Breakfast was amazing food served by a lovely lady called Shirley who was very helpfull and a good laugh too. Quality of the breakfast was brilliant with everything you could want. Rooms are very large clean & comfortable beds and pillows. We stayed in room 68 directly facing the havana nightclub which was loud but after a few drinks wasn't a problem we soon driffed off.
Sadly on Friday night two coaches of over 100 old people arrived which did nothing but complain moan & groan. Coffin dodgers and bolied sweet brigade they was a choir what more can i say!!!
Apart from the old people that came and spoiled the hotel and there rudeness to staff which was discusting we can recommend this hotel as a great value for money with a fantasic friendly atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floppets
Reviewed 15 June 2014

we used this hotel as part of a national holidays trip to see one direction at the stadium of light.
Lovely hotel, corridors were a little like a maze, my daughter and i booked a twin room and we had a double bed and a single one, and I have to say were probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in, the only downside was the air conditioner unit was right outside our window and so a little noisy.

The bathroom was huge with both a bath and free standing shower cubicle.

Staff were al nice and friendly and the breakfast was very nice, I would return if I was ever in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank claccer
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very warm welcome from staff as we arrived, room very nice and big, staff were excellent and friendly, we spent 3 nights room was far to hot through night and bed not really that comfortable. Unfortunately noise on Saturday during night was terrible knocking on doors girls fighting children running corridors after midnight. Breakfast was excellent not buffet again unfortunately on last morning we sat and staff never told us there was no cooked breakfast due to no gas, it took another guest to let us know. I would not be put off staying again mind hotel close to everything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mel290957
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms last minute and I couldn't have been more pleased that I did. My family consisted of my parents, husband and me and our 5 month old. The rooms were clean and in decent condition, and very good size. My husband and I had a double room and was large enough for the travel cot with space to spare. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I will stay again whenever we are in the area. Thank you!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JenPen83
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Rooms basic but you get what you pay for.Food excellent has a life long vegetarian it was lovely to have really tasty well cooked vegi meals, breakfasts also super, very well mannered friendly staff the catering and entertainments manager really made our stay a fun filled four days .
small complaints from our coach party were dealt with promptly.
A bit of interior decorating and the hotel would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends