“Worst service ever!”

AHAR
Ranked #16 of 156 Restaurants in Whitley Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian Restaurant - no review yet.Food was good value with good service.
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Waited 1h30 for our food and when we complained and asked for a reduction in the bill to reflect the wait they said NO. I won't ever come here again. Even after that they had worked the bill out wrong and said we owed them more money an extra £1.40!!!!

3  Thank Rachel R

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Excellent tapas choice, ideal amount of food for us but if you have a big appetite you nay want extras.
Starter could have been a touch hotter but otherwise no complaints.
Helpful staff helped choose to suit our taste and made great recommendations.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We visit the restaurant and pick up takeaways because we think the food is fantastic. The tapas night is genius - lots of wee pots of your favourite dishes - what's not to like. You do sometimes have to wait a little while between courses - for us this is a good thing - helps us pace ourselves! The staff are really lovely guys, always very informative about the dishes, and on occasion they havebought us wee freebies to the table to encourage us to try new things.

1  Thank Helen W
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It was a few weeks ago that we visited here, we had been on a night out and decided a curry was in order. We have had takeaways from here before which have been very good, sitting in was even nicer. I would say the chicken tikka masala was the best I have had in many years, it was absolutely delicious and no grease like in other local restaurants. My other half had vegetable madras which he described as excellent and full of spice and flavour. Towards the end we got chatting to the owner who talked to us abut how they cook the dishes...very interesting and reassuring to hear how good food is cooked! We will absolutely be back, we would like to try the tapas night.

1  Thank amblesideaddicts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have been in this restaurant several times, and it has always been OK, a bit slow maybe but brilliant food. I went in with my family recently,and found that there was only one waiter, with a number of tables full and folk waiting for takeaways. We ordered our meal and drinks, but our starter came after about an hour. The waiter was obviously harassed and apologised but explained that he was on his own. Eventually, after we were considering going to the Shahenshah, our food arrived. As always the food was excellent. My only complaint was that the dishes came but without those little warmers with the candles you usually get. The food quickly goes cold. So, lovely food, eventually. The service was terrible but that was not the fault of the only waiter who worked very hard indeed. But the average mark is not my fault either; it could have been a very good.