The Chedburgh Hotel
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
US$128
Oaktree Lodge(Whitley Bay)
US$104
US$88
US$81
Hotels.com
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
US$81
US$133
The Metropolitan(Whitley Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswarm welcomebank holiday weekendfull english breakfastpleasant staystreet parkingladsmetro
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here with my son, aged 6, and booked very last minute.for one night 25th July.

Its a family run b&b, I called and spoke to Louise to book and arrived an hour later.
Greeted by Mark whom was expecting us, both were great hosts really friendly.

Location
The b&b although central is on a quiet street running parallel to a street full of bars/clubs , I didnt notice on arrival, but when walking back at 9.30pm what a difference a street away makes, we slept well with no disturbance from the bars, there are lots of hotels on this bar strip that I would be wary of booking.
the sea front is at the bottom of the street, as are numerous restaurants, there's amusements and ice-cream parlors ten minutes stroll up the sea front.

ROOMS
we had a double room, en-suite. Small but fine for our needs, crisp white bedding with silver throw and cushions, flat screen TV, shower gel, hand wash, quality biscuits, hot chocolate sachets and even supplies of cotton wool and cotton buds in the room, For the price of the room I was pleasantly surprised. Also wifi was free and accessible from the room.

FOOD
Weekend Breakfast was served 8/9, I had a full english and my son had cereal, fruit juice, toast, preserves, cereals and more also available. I enjoyed breakfast.

This was a last minute trip to enjoy the mini heatwave by the sea. I will stay here again next time I have a free weekend and the weather is good.

Thanks :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Becki2102
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After reading reviews , and comparing prices of other hotels in Whitley bay we decided to ring this hotel along with a couple of others to see if they had three rooms available .the Chedburgh had 3 rooms available so we booked it . The couple who owned the hotel were very friendly and accommodating , service quality of food was lovely our only criticism was that the rooms we stayed in although clean, were a little tired and needed a little inexpensive maintenance . Cannot fault their friendly approach and helpfulness even from their lovely little girl .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Glenda S
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We were decorating our daughters flat in killingworth and found the chedburgh a great refuge from our daily toils the room was very well presented with coffee and biscuits the bed was so comfortable the breakfast was absolutely excellent and cooked as required as a family run venture it was top notch that we would recommend without reservation and they even had a very friendly bumblebee called Grace.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trevor r
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Very warm welcome and good breakfast. would stay there again and would recomend to friends and family , close to town centre and clean rooms ,shower rooms are clean and tidy .............................

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived Friday afternoon and booked in for two nights. Shown to our rooms we where a party of three all with single rooms . Clean tidy with TV. Internet . Tea/Coffee milk kettle. Full English breakfast, family run . Now come on what more do you want .... O yes re the review 'bed was a bit lumpy', she's obviously not been camping! same price but with the grass & nothing else.
We all thought it was great value for money, and would return again...
I think if you want a 5* hotel dig deeper in your pockets and leave this place to genuine revues

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends