“watered down alcohol”

Got a photo?
Add it.
JJ's Bar
Reviewed 31 May 2012

myself and 5 of my girlfriends were in whitley bay for my hen weekend, we decided to hit the town on saturday night (19/05/2012) as we were walking past JJ's a girl stood outside handing out fliers for an offer of a "free Shot" with your first drink. We thought we would give it a go...we should have walked straight back out as soon we endered. I think there was only another 4 people in the bar, compared to the other bars we had been in where you could hardly move. Anyway we oreded 4 vodkas, 2 with coke, 1 with lemonade and 1 with ginger ale, and 2 bottles of cider. We got our free shot, im not sure what it was but it didnt taste of any shot i had had before and it didnt taste alcoholic. I took 1 sip of my vodka and coke and all i could taste was water!!!! The other girls said the same about the vodkas. I first though maybe the coke was flat but i still couldnt taste the vodka and the other girls had different mixers. We were not drunk at this stage and had only had 2 drinks previous to this so that was not the reason. the round cost more than the average of the other bars. I expalined to the barmaid that i was not happy and asked her to taste it, she passed it on to a man sitting drinking at the bar (i think he was the manager) and he said it tasted fine, i again explained that it did not taste of vodka or coke and would like out money back. Anoter young man who was there, again i think he worked there, went behind the bar and said "im sober i will taste them" he did and said that there was loads of vodka in it and the coke was fine. The other girls reffused to drink their drink as they said it tasted like water too. We stormed out after they reffused to change our drinks or refund us. After leaving the bar we spoke to a few locals who said "oh nobody goes in there". i just wish we had been told this earlier!!!!

3  Thank hellokatty13