“Excellent service, modern and spacious cafe bar.”
Review of Noir Drinks Lounge

Noir Drinks Lounge
Ranked #1 of 15 Nightlife in Whitley Bay
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent service, modern and spacious cafe bar.”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was in Whitley bay on some business (I live elsewhere in the north) and stopped into Noir for a coffee. The lady serving (the manager I believe) was cheerful, friendly and attentive. The coffee was delicious (superior to Starbucks) and much cheaper in price!
There was ample seating and lots of space, as well as an outdoor seating area with a good view of the seafront. I didn't purchase alcohol as it was early afternoon (I was also driving) but the bar seemed very large and well stocked.
I was made to feel very welcome and I highly recommend this modern, sophisticated looking cafe/bar.

Visited February 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First visit”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Firstly I would like to advise, this is the first time I have ever made a complaint and wrote about it, made my first visit to noir having just moved to whitley bay, first impression fab looks overall trendy outgoing, ordered my first drink to be looked up and down by the bar staff, didn't take it personal, ordered our tapas and wine, food came looked amazing got stuck in to find out food was tasteless, like I said not one to complain I arte a lot of it, but after many thought I came to the conclusion these people will never get better unless I advise them, so upon finishing the lady came over didn't ask how I enjoyed it but proceeded to take my plates, at which point I had to advise her how bad the food was, it was edible but that was it upon advising the manager she became very defensive and advised this had not been an issue before , after being dealt with like this it added to my fury I didnt want a free meal just to acknowledge the good wasn't amazing, after paying the bill I asked for the contact details of the owner of the hotel to be advised the lady that acted like this was In fact the owner I was horrified I myself am in sales and if I acted like this would have been sacked from my job, you still need to look after people paying customers tastes change from different people if I'm being honest, I would never visit this establishment again if this women wasn't the owner and just a manager then yes I would but please learn people skills, ur attitude was appalling you have lost good customers, I eat out 4 times a week wouldn't even give you a second chance

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Radley1983
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“First impressions”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I have ever commented on trip advisor but after what I have just experienced it has made me put this review
First impressions nice place friendly bar staff.myself and my girlfriend have just moved to the area so we thought lets give it a try maybe our new local.we decided to order the tapas and wine special.the food came and it was very very bland and the wine was like vinegar but being like a true Brit we solider on.when one of the staff came to clear our plates now to be known as the owner of the place but at the time little did we know we asked would u take some constructive criticism and advise u the food was not up to scratch but to our horror she said we have never had complaints before and look us up and down like tramps huffing and puffing with that my god and asked to speak to the owner but decided not to bother when we were told she was

Well happy days but we would never spend a single penny in hear again because customer service was the worst I have ever experienced and the food was vile !!!!!

5 Thank Mark H
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“40th Birthday Party”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Very impressed with Noir when we were there in January for my friends 40th birthday. Modern decor, very clean and loads of seating. Bar staff very pleasant and organised. Would definately go again.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank SamnLes
Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No 1 the bay !”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed @ hotel adjoined to noir bar for 3 months on business .
The bar manager (Gareth) could not do enough to to make my/our time spent here enjoyable.
Nothing was to much trouble & would thoroughly recommend a drink or two here especially if @ hotel.
Thanks Gareth & staff top people