“Find Somewhere Else”
Review of Ocean Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitley Bay
Ocean Inn
Ranked #21 of 23 Whitley Bay B&B and Inns
Derby, United Kingdom
“Find Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

My boyfriend came to this "hotel" on a stag do - when they arrived there was no one there to greet them and they had to wait 2 hours for someone to turn up and show them to a room. After wasting £25 on this place, he decided to leave and go home only to find that the hotel had overcharged him by £250, yet when you rang them no one wanted to help. Had to dispute this through our bank.
Horrible hotel, horrible staff. No customer service at all.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrible.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SiobhanOToole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

For £18 a night, this was a bargain for an en suite room. Staff were friendly and the room was reasonably clean, although not spotless. Room had everything you need, freeview TV for the Cup Final in my case, a place to sleep and plugs to charge my phone. Nightclub was downstairs, you could hear it, but could still sleep. Woken by some noisy and inconsiderate residents in the night, but that's not the hotels fault. Bed was comfy and clean, shower was hot enough, can't really ask for more than that for this cheap

Visited between seeing football at Consett and Sunderland http://footygrounds.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/consett-fc-belle-vue-park.html

Room Tip: 205 was perfectly fine for me
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

avoid this hotel at all cost its a health and safety hazard i had my stag doo here lost my deposit ue to people smoking in the rooms when no 1 in my party smoked. there was urine stains on bed sheets no toilet paper in any room bathroom mirrors hadnt beed washed in a decade, carpets were all stained, a half eaten pizza was found in a drawer from the previous guests suppost to be a bed n breakfast but it was a loaf of bread and black banans in a cuboard a total joke the rooms arent worth £5 never mind £25 go else where and pay a little more will be well worth it. only time wee seen staff all w.e was to demand money

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank terry s

Travellers are raving about these Whitley Bay hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013

as a coach driver . I visit loads of b&bs... hotels ect... I took a bus load of guys in for a stag weekend. . and was appalled. .. saw owners once.. to demand money ... rooms were like dirty bed sits.. dirty walls.. filthy beds. ripped towels.. no soap. or toilet rolls.. carpets filthy.. done bed n breakfast expecting a dining room.. we got a cupboard like room... at toaster n loaf. .. no staff saw all weekend.... guys... seriously. .. take a better hotel and just walk to the action.... which I may add was crap...but we were guys... and had no option to just treat it as a place to put your head down... ps ... get to boots in the morning to get de loused.... the club attached next door. .. lush? should be called velcro... as your feet stick to the floor... sure staff at bar are under age... look like 14... walking around in hit pants... disgrace of a place

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank peter42041
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is now call the pubes hotel we booked in for the week the first night got to the room it was discussing as I pulled the covers back all I could see is Curley pubes everywhere I felt sick so I pulled to cover back on the other camp bed and guess what,, that's right more curly pubes I had to sleep on top of the covers. The next day I was itching all over and thought I had crabs and had rashes all me.we handed the keys for rooms in next day. Do not stop at this hotel it wants closing down.

5 Thank Kennedy1010
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Rooms were very cold,there were no evening meals(although they were still advertising doing them)which was probably a blessing after finding pubic hairs in 2 beds and what looked like vomit in the hot water urn in the breakfast room.You are well catered at breakfast as long as you like just toast or cereal.We decided to leave after one night as we felt we couldnt wait to see what else was wrong here or what bug we would get,the whole place needs a really good clean.

4 Thank Joiner99
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Rooms cold, dirty, bath had no taps, sink backed up with brown sludge! Pillow stank of vomit. There was a dried greenie on the wall. Had to find breakfast room ourselves. When we eventually found it we lifted the lid from the hot water urn and found a liquid that looked like vomit! Disgusting!!!!!!! Oh and I forgot to mention the pubes in the bed!

4 Thank Tricky88