Ocean Inn
Oaktree Lodge(Whitley Bay)
US$104
The Chedburgh Hotel(Whitley Bay)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$88
US$81
Hotels.com
The Royal Hotel(Whitley Bay)
US$81
US$93
  • Beachfront
The Metropolitan(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
Park Lodge Hotel(Whitley Bay)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I could highlight the many problems with this place but the other reviews cover it. I can simply summarise it as this:

After waiting for an hour in the reception, we were not greeted by anyone. Having called the two numbers given to us, there was no response. Between the kicked-in doors and the constant smell of weed, it was clear this place wasn't still running.

We have not heard back and to put it simply, we have been robbed of £70.

Do not stay here. It's run by criminals and should be shut down. People in the area informed us that it is used by teenagers as a spot to drink and do drugs.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Leeton19
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Check in by telephone to be told key is in the room. Opened the broken kicked in door and found an empty room with 2 beds and a kettle. no cups ,no tv ,no toilet, roll ,no towels, no curtains. Ripped carpet, ripped wallpaper. As john says below im sure a prison cell would be nicer and far more hygeinic. I walked out this hotel after 5 minutes and i reconment you dont put yourself in that situation. I know its cheap but all of ehitley bay is so do not book this place you have been warned

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hotspur1982
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Booked in for a one night stay at this hotel on a Saturday night. Turned up to find no one at reception with a sign explaining to go to hush lounge to check in . However hush lounge was closed . Phoned a number and roughly 20 minutes later a young man appeared and took us to our room . When he opened the door I was simply gobsmacked . A prison cell would be more appealing than this dump . 2 beds which were so uncomfy i would rather sleep on the floor. No curtains on the window, no towels , no toilet roll, holes in the walls, carpets filthy. Bathroom was disgusting . This place shouldn't even be called a hotel . I wouldn't let my dog sleep there never mind a human . The door was kicked to bits and didn't lock so was simply unsafe .

It's cheap for a reason . The place is a dump and I would advise anyone against staying here

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Good location and if it's just a bed for the night it's basic but ideal bedding was clean and young guy running it was very helpful x if you summit cheap and handy for pubs go for it x only £5 taxi fare to tynemouth x

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed her for one night a few weeks ago whilest I was having my home refurbished, whilst you would expect for the price a five star hotel for the price it was very good. £15 pppn and also a free pint.

We did have issues with some rather intoxicated people in the next room we had asked then to keep the noise down and we were verbally abused so I popped along to reception and the manager was excellent and horrified. Immediately himself and three fully uniformed Doorman along with a tall odd foreign looking man who I think was the cleaner, or the man who puts out out the rubbish out all knocked on the door.

A Scotsmen cam to the door opened his mouth and the just froze when he saw who was at the door. Apologised and we never heard a peep again for the rest of the night.

The manager on duty who introduced himself as Daniel was an amazing man an looked after us very well offering do do anything for us.

Well done Daniel we shall return

Looking at some of the other reviews the obviously expected 5 star accommodation well don't be right if you want to waste you money on a five star hotel then book a five star hotel.

This hotel is just what it says on the tin, but not In a tin

• Stayed: October 2012