“Good Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Whitley Bay
Telford, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I have stayed here on a few occasions for work rather than pleasure, besides my shower not working to well on two occasions (top room I think) its been good.

Plenty of parking on street nearby, excellent breakfast, rooms stay warm (in winter), good freeview channel selection.

Room Tip: The top room is warm
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Troon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Other comments say it all. An excellent place to stay. Its well run by a very friendly couple who actually go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
They know the area so are able to point you in the right direction for local sights, eateries and that sort of thing.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Great small hotel, comfortable and welcoming with great access to Metro into Newcastle and surrounding area. Andrew and Sonia (proprietors) are very friendly and cannot do enough to ensure you have an enjoyable stay with good recommendations for meals out (Divanties Italian excellent and close by). A good breakfast to set you up for the day. I would definitely recommend Oaktree and am sure we will return next time we are travelling through North East England.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We stayed here for the second time last week. The B&B is in a good location in a quiet street, and it is run by friendly people who are always willing to help. The breakfast is delicious. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There’s plenty of on street parking, and the Metro, town, and sea-front are all only 5 minutes away. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I'm sure we'll be back to Oaktree Lodge.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nbs58
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I needed to overnight in Whitley Bay and by chance picked Oaktree Lodge via an internet search engine. Luck was definitely on my side as it turned out to be a simply wonderful bed and breakfast run by a couple of people for whom nothing was too much trouble. Sonia and Andrew are genuinely friendly and really made me feel at home. Although I arrived late they saved me a parking space and I even had my bag carried to my room by Andrew.

I stayed in a big room (Room 8, I think) with a large bay window overlooking the front of the hotel. Many such places claim to be conveniently situated, but few deliver on that promise as well as Oaktree Lodge does. It really is a couple of minutes away from the Esplanade with all its restaurants and also the sea, just walk out the front door, look to your right and it is in front of you!

My room had lots of nice little touches: Properly functioning wi-fi so I could catch up on my e-mails. Complimentary mineral water, biscuits and a choice of tea and coffee. Perhaps most importantly the bed was comfortable and the bath and toilet facilities in my room were spotlessly clean. The next morning, breakfast was as good as any I've had, it was delicious, served quickly and a truly relaxing start to the day. I really cannot recommend this place too highly and I will certainly try to book it again when I'm next up in Whitley Bay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sbd119
birmingham
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Dont usaully stay at b&bs, only hotels but this b&b was just very very good, friendly welcombe Adrian took our cases to our room which was very clean with everything you would want.
we were given a pot of tea and a chat on our arrival. we asked about good places to eat and was told to go to a wonderful Italian resturant which was excellent and a new Indian which had just open and they got us a table although they place was fully booked. Breakfast was everything you wanted and very well cooked.If all B&Bs were this good i think i could get used to staying in them. P.S. The only down side for my Partner was No full length mirror but she is fussy!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Agree with Barbara H and Bonnie F. Clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfast but the clincher is the friendliness of the team there and how accomodating they were to us. Very friendly towards families but do check because at the time we went they didn't have cots or high chairs - as we were forewarned we took our own cot and there was plenty of space in the room we were in to set it up (room 5).

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
#7 of 9 in Whitley Bay
Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
Windsor Hotel - Whitley Bay
#9 of 9 in Whitley Bay

Been to Oaktree Lodge? Share your experiences!