“Disappointing, a stark contrast to other reviews”
Review of Picasso's - CLOSED

Picasso's
Price range: US$0 - US$31
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Whitley Bay
“Disappointing, a stark contrast to other reviews”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We went for lunch today, with high hopes given the reviews and also a recommendation from a friend. Unfortunately the food was quite a disappointment.

We ended up ordering from the main menu, rather than going for a meal deal. I ordered the shrimp cocktail which was quite small and sat on lettuce past its best. Conversely, my husband ordered the fried brie which was a great portion size and tasted great.

For a main, I had the Crab Pesto on penne. It was very fishy, almost to the point of being inedible and the penne was overcooked (mushy). My husband had the seafood risotto which I'm pretty certain wasn't made with risotto rice. It was effectively rice in a very bland tomato sauce with seafood. It was virtually tasteless.

We won't be back. For the price, it doesn't compare in the slightest - in either atmosphere or food quality - to Davanti's in Whitley Bay where everything I've had there has been rather delightful.

• Visited October 2013
Judy C, Owner at Picasso's, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
I am dissapointed kjobe`s party did not enjoy their meal here. We have discussed the matter with our chefs, and will learn lessons from the points raised. I only wish the group had mentioned their dissappointment at the time, and we would have tried to deal with it while they were there.I am afraid we do make mistakes, but we are always happy to receive honest criticism like this, and deal with it appropriately

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Gets better all the time.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Completely agree with Paul from Whitley Bay about PIcasso's. The food is getting better all the time. I was talking to the owner and he said they've got a new chef, and are getting another one soon. Plus a new menu! But I told him he needs more advertising, not that it was quiet.

I don't suppose a local restaurant would ever be considered for a Michelin Star would it? How do you get those?

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Picasso's offered a fantastic atmosphere and food!

Having the owners there working whilst I visited really made it feel like a family restaurant!

I would definitely go back there again!

Paul, Whitley bay

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paul196819
Whitley Bay, England, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful, good service, nice food!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Picasso's is a great restaurant and offers a good range of decent food. On a Monday and Tuesday the place does Happy Hour all night where you pay something like £6-7 for any pizza or pasta and a choice of 6 or 7 starters! You can't complain at those prices!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Adam B
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, great value”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The best service and warmest atmosphere at an amazing price, I'd recommend for lunch or tea, it's excellent especially the ribs, muscles and pizza Nicolo!

• Visited July 2013