Pineapple Beach Club Antigua - All Inclusive
Nonsuch Bay Resort(Freetown)(Great Value!)
US$455
US$437
US$360
US$358
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
US$1,753
US$502
Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$204
The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$159
Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$128
Hotels.com
South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
US$390
US$362
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$180
4,449 results
All reviewspineappleribsmary's outhousesnack barchickenfishocean viewshirley heightsa la cartelaid backbar staffgreat holidaymain restaurantrum punchtopaz restauranttropical waterfront roomevening entertainment
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Beautifully rustic. We felt safe and the staff were friendly and fantastic. We felt spoilt without feeling like we were in an IKEA showroom. It's a shame it's turning into a Sandals next year because we loved it just the way it is. Character and a great atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank EmilyT7022
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Travelling the first week in August. The trip in the taxi from the airport makes you wonder if you've made a mistake ,landscape is barren ,with a few goats and a few poor animals tied up,with no real villages of interest.
But after around 35 mins you arrive to a vista of flora and stop at the reception which looks in the style of a Old Colonial Plantation house .
Your made to feel very welcome, with a cool towel and a rum punch to greet you. The check in is informal and relaxed and the staff very warm in natural.
My daughter of 17 and me took a garden view room and our request for two beds was made up of the standard king size bed and a single bed which I think is the norm for this request.
Room was large,and the typical furnishings I have been used to for this standard of hotel. its was fine for me and my daughter, but I'm not a women, who I'm sure would like the room to have a little more fine detailing and to be a bit more polished than it was. It was clean and had fresh towels delivered everyday
The room 131 was a garden view ,with a view of the beach too, a perfect spot and stumbling strides from the beach, ... Wow!
A beach I come only to the Caribbean for, powdery white sand and clear blue sea,with swaying palm trees.
I pulled my lounger up to waters edge most days ,to soak up the rays and listened to the waves lapping against the shore. It was the quiet season, and at times it felt you had the beach to yourself. Perfect.
Food is fresh and plentiful ,book the Pineapple Grill in advance for every other day.

Don't book trips with the Hotel they are up 50% more. The two lads who sell on the beach are good sales guys and are genuine , selling Shirley Heights for 40$ a couple and 200$ a couple for the around the island trip on the Treasure Island catamaran and are good value for money and pay in US dollars. Do these trips and thats all you need to do, they are a must,and the only way to see this beautiful island.
My daughter made lots of friends and is idea for teenagers.
There were more europeans here,which I liked,this was down to the authenticity and the Carribbean character of the hotel I'm sure.
If you are a American you know the standard you expect,this would be below par for you for a Beaches or a Sandal resort. So comeback next year after the refurb and the standard will suit the American market better I'm sure and maybe less for the Europeans.

Don't forget Marys Outhouse ribs and chicken you will kill for,a little walk up a hill, with great views of the beach.
Finally you must like cats,they are clean and friendly,but do want your food at the Outhouse.
and your breakfast is in an Avery! There is a routine to protect your food and water from the birds.There' s little the hotel can do to combat this problem, you are in the Caribbean and his happened in most hotels I've stayed in with open air restaurants. It's a small price to pay for the view of the beach.

Break it all down for BA flights from the UK ,all food and drinks and accommodation this for me was good value for money for an 3star plus All Inclusive.
There are plenty of 4 star hotels in the Caribbean that claim to be what they should be,and are not, so put this hotel in those 4star brackets and you won't be disappointed.
There are plenty of 5star hotels ,with a 2 to 3 star beaches,they have to compensate in some way for this in the quality of the hotel.
In Antigua if you want a 5 star beach, the Grand Pineapple has this ,so there is a trade off for the genuine 4star or 5star hotel out there.
If you don't want compromise then expect to pay a lot more.

Hope this helps folks. Fab holiday with some great memories

Room Tip: don t go for the Ocean views ,best views yes,but a good walk to the beach. Unless you want to pay for the beach view the next best rooms are the garden views a few strides to the beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 2010cr
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Pineapple is Great. I stay there for 12 days. I stay ed in oceanfront Wiesbaden and i just Say that waking up in The Morning look in at The sunset Was wonderful. The room are clean and confortable. The staff is really excellent and The food is good. I prefered buffet at topaz but everything Was good. The sea is wonderful anf The reef protect from The atlantic ocean. You can have internet connection ( not included, 15 $/day, 43 $/week)
Excellent.

Room Tip: Oceanview are wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed for a week with my husband in June 2013. We had a wonderful time with our room being just steps from the beach! Wasn't a high end resort, but a small, quaint & clean place with nice & friendly staff who take pride in their place. Beautiful & uncrowded beach. Clear, calm water with minimal areas of seagrass when we were there. It's short so you can go walk to either side fairly quickly. Just saw a few beach vendors who seemed to work that beach when we were there. (Booked some excursions through one guy, got jewelry from another.) Cool snorkeling on the opposite end of the hotel.

Loved eating dinner at their restaurants. We mixed it up during the week. For lunch, liked getting the Volcano drink from the bar & hitting up the snack bar for burgers for lunch. Also would go up to Mary's Outhouse for BBQ sometimes. So nice meeting Mary & watching the cats & mongeese! We put up a sign there - Dan & Jes 2013 NJ, USA. Would luv to know if its still there!? Also, they have some turtles on the property I liked to visit & they even grown some of their own food on their own organic farm. Some cute, colorful shops were right there to buy souvenirs too!

Must go to Shirley Heights on Sundays! Bring your good camera if you have one for the views. Great atmosphere! Also could walk to Devils Bridge from hotel. Hit it up early before it gets too hot. Its a bit of a trek but worth it if you like to see or photograph expansive cliffs! Found the people of Antigua to be some of the most warm & wonderful people I've met in my travels. I really think you'd not be disappointed if you're looking for something low-key & simple, yet wonderful!

Room Tip: No rooms are too far from the beach like a mega resort. Some rooms had better views but you would have to walk uphill to get to it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fressica
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I really can't fault the Pineapple Beach Hotel it was completely brilliant. Room was in a great spot so we had a view of the gardens, the beach and the sea. The rooms are simple but comfortable and the air conditioning is powerful, we set it to the lowest setting and came back to a fridge! The bathrooms are a bit dated but clean and functioning, with plenty of fluffy white towels.
We travelled as a family and were a little concerned as this was our first time to a hotel without a kid's club - we needn't have worried. The Activities Team were amazing with the children, there were lots of planned activities for them to join in with. All of the staff are terrific and go out of their way to help you and just with everyone on Antigua they are incredibly friendly.
Food was very good. Topaz is very good quality for the standard all inclusive restaurant and we've done quite a few. The catch of the day was always exceptional.The Pineapple Grill is a must as is Mary's Outhouse for very different reasons! Pineapple Grill is a great restaurant with top quality food and outstanding personal service. Mary's Outhouse is perched on the cliff and is held together with graffiti'd drift wood. Nowhere else will you sit and eat hot dogs, admire a stunning view whilst mongooses and cats scuttle about you - totally unique.
Beach is stunning (there was a problem with seaweed when we were there but they had diggers and trucks to move as much as they could without disturbing the sunbathing.)
Vendor's Mall is worth a look especially Mary at Aladdin's cave who was lovely to chat to and helped my daughter to make a bracelet as a gift.
Must do trips are an Island SUV Gold Tour with Henson Martin - there is nothing he doesn't know about the island and it is a great way to see the history. And Stingray City - OMG a week on and we are still jabbering on excitedly to anyone that will listen. It was an experience you will always remember. Only ten mins on the boat from Long Bay.
We had a late flight and were able to keep our room until we left which made such a difference.
All in all an amazing holiday and highly recommended.
Thanks to Ferry, Barbara, Ariel, Maliki, Sasha, Sam, Arlene, Patroela and all the staff - you are all stars!

Room Tip: We loved our Garden View room as the view across the gardens to the beach and the sea beyond was beautiful and at the end of a hard day relaxing it was just a short stroll.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family