We just left The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs after an amazing 3 nights. Our three year old son is traveling with us and while it is sometimes difficult to stay at lovely places with a little one, the staff put us at ease immediately and ensured that we all had a wonderful time. Everything about this resort is beautiful; from the interiors of the gorgeous cottages and those of the lodge itself, to the list of available activities, the stunning views and surrounding sights, and the staff members themselves.
John and Sebastian greeted us upon our arrival with grace and charm, and John showed us around the property and to our suite while our car was being unpacked. He returned a short while later with extra milk for our son and had a babysitter arranged for the following night within minutes. Thank you to Kay for being so good with our little guy and for helping us to have such a great date night! Take our advice and trust Valeria's wine suggestions; she is incredibly talented at finding the perfect wine for any and every palate without being pushy.
We are not golfers but had a fun time touring the course on a golf cart (teaching our son the importance of being quiet when a fellow guest is trying to tee off!), going to the beach, playing tennis, swimming in the pools, being "wined and dined," and generally lying in the lap of luxury.
Our thanks again to the incredible staff members at Kauri Cliffs: John, Sebastian, Laure, Valeria, Kay, Cindy, Alannah, Michael, Jeff, and others. We head to The Farm at Cape Kidnappers tomorrow for another three nights and are more than looking forward to our time there. This was a truly exceptional experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay