We spent 4 nights with 5 other couples in this beautiful location located on the Pacific Ocean. It was once a sheep farm and still has thousands of sheep and cows. The main building houses a world class restaurant, reception area, and golf shop with a gorgeous view of the meticulous golf course and ocean. Cottages have been erected to house 22 guests, each having their own porch and fireplace. The spa is outstanding.
If you desire 5 star food and service, a beautiful golf and spa experience, and tranquility, this is the place to come. If you need exciting night life you will not find it here. The advertised beach barbecues, helicopter rides, etc. were exceedingly expensive. The walk uphill from the beach to the Lodge requires a degree of physical fitness.
A tour of their farm was a worthwhile experience. We witnessed the most impressive sheep herding by dogs that we saw in all of New Zealand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay