Went to stay the night at Kauri Cliffs on the recommendation and booking through Alistair Tod from Greenfernz. We were greeted by Jodi, the Assistant Manager of the Lodge. Jodi was friendly, personable and very knowledgable about the property and surrounding areas. She made us feel very welcome and nothing was a problem.
Our room had beautiful decor that perfectly matched the property surroundings. My wife had a massage by Trudi at the spa and said it was the best massage she has had.
The golf course is simply stunning. It reminds me of pebble beach just without the crowds. So many strong golf holes with the most beautiful ocean views.
We are looking forward to our spring visit to Cape Kidnappers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay