We have just enjoyed a three day stay at this hotel and it has been absolutely marvellous. Superb food , friendly and highly competent staff and a great golf course to boot. I can not recommend this lodge more highly and the only variable is of course the weather at this time of year but we were reasonably lucky.!! The rooms / suites are just fine , well appointed and serviced and quite frankly it is impossible to make any negatives comments because there just weren't any. Dale the head chef is a great chef and even though we were the only people to dine on our first evening here he produced an absolutely fantastic 5 course tasting menu for us and the service and wine selection choices were very well explained by Valeria the sommelier to make it the perfect evening for both of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the far north of New Zealand lies an unspoiled peninsula. High cliffs and a few ranches on this welcoming island which won the hearts of Julian and Josie Robertson. After designing a magnificent 18-hole golf course, the couple created a splendid colonial residence with outlying cottages. Space is the real luxury, the suite an apartment, the bathroom a spa. The epitome of refinement in a distant corner of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Matauri Bay
- Kauri Cliffs Hotel Kerikeri
- Kauri Cliffs Kerikeri
- The Lodge At Kauri Cliffs New Zealand/Matauri Bay