“Unprofessional”
Review of Meadowcroft Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edgworth
Meadowcroft Barn
Ranked #1 of 2 Edgworth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Unprofessional”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We received a call on our way to Bolton that our room was no longer reserved. We were told they weren't feeling well but feel it had been given to someone else. As we were already on our way, this put us in a very difficult spot and we ended up having to stay at a much lesser accomodation further away from where we wanted to be. Beyond the stress it added to our very short trip, it was unprofessional.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I am very sorry that the booking you requested at another B&B was cancelled.
Meadowcroft Barn B&B was fully booked on that date for several weeks prior to the reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This B&B sets the bar very high. We stayed in several B&Bs while in England and Scotland and this was, by far, the best. Spacious and beautifully decorated rooms, an incredible view over the Lancashire countryside, and the most wonderful hostess made our stay so pleasant that we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you are able to stay again in the future. I really enjoyed reading your book. Kath
Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting family. It was a great place to stay. The welcome was warm, the views fantastic and the accommodation was faultless. Tastefully converted and furnished with comfort and style, this bed and breakfast is worthy of it's five stars. The homemade biscuits and bread are a lovely touch Kath is a warm and hospitable host. We have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful bed and breakfast.y

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Thank you for the delightful review. I hope I can welcome you again soon.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

To call this a b&b belies its five-star facilities, service and friendly welcome.
It looks as though it was opened yesterday, such is the cleanliness and brightness of the whole property. The bathroom, with its open shower and whirlpool bath, deserve as much of your time as you can allow, but don't cut short your time in the sumptuous bed, and leave yourself plenty of time to pad across the heated stone floor, wrapped in gorgeous dressing gowns (provided), to sit in the rocking chair in front of the wood stove.
In the warmer seasons you'll be able to sit on the spacious patio and enjoy the views across the valley, and you can't help but be drawn from your bed when Kath comes and cooks your breakfast to order, brimming with local ingredients.
With two bedrooms in the property, bring friends for a peaceful few days away. Now that her son also has rooms in the neighbouring stables, bring a group and enjoy a walking holiday. Those are our plans at least...

Room Tip: Just bring yourself! Kath has provided all the amenities you might have forgotten - toothbrush, comb...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make your review. I much appreciate the description. It is in fact a much better description than I could have prepared. I look forward to welcoming you again.
Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed on two occasions for business and I cannot fault anything about my trips. Kath is a fabulous host and superb cook, my breakfasts set me up for the day in style. The rooms are the equivalent of a 5 star hotel and the views are stunning. I will definitely be going back with my wife in future to enjoy a relaxing stay there. Highly Recommended!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Many thanks Chris for your review and recommending Meadowcroft to your fellow business colleagues. Thank you Kath.
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We first stayed here in January 2013, while bringing our son back to Uni after Christmas. We came back again at Easter, and will continue to visit this wonderful B&B in the future. Kath is friendly and helpful, the accomodation is splendid, breakfast brilliant, and the view from the rooms is glorious.

Room Tip: Quarlton has bath and shower, Tarlton shower only. Otherwise both are superb.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Meadowcroft. I hope I will see you again soon . Kath
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2013

After my first visit in March 2012 acompanied by my husband I was so impressed by the friendly welcome that i have since visited twice by myself. Kath Bullen comes in each morning to make breakfast and is so friendly that it is a joy to start the day away from home by myself. The rooms are spacious and the under-floor heating is lovely. I indulged myself with a spa bath each moring and with the space to do my yoga practice I felt totally rejuvanated after my two day stay

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sheilar866
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a nice review. I look forward to welcoming you at Meadowcrofts again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgworth
Last Drop Village Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Walmersley
Ingleside House
Ingleside House
#2 of 17 in Bolton

Been to Meadowcroft Barn? Share your experiences!