“Paradise!”
Review of Meadowcroft Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edgworth
Meadowcroft Barn
Ranked #1 of 2 Edgworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 nights during the Ironman UK in Bolton, and we couldn't be happier! This place is absolutely fantastic, wonderful, amazing and I cannot fault it! The beds are large and comfortable; the view is breathtaking; the jacazzi bath a brilliant surprise; white company bathroom goods; extremely clean; dressing gowns provided - I could continue! This really is a place you want to keep quiet, as I don't want too many people knowing how good it is, in case I want to go there again and it gone! The best thing of all has to be Kath, who is both lovely and the most amazing cook! The breakfast is first class, and she makes her own bread, ginger biscuits, granola and everything else is from the local area - or her own chickens! In terms of the Ironman, this might be a bit further out from the stadium, but well well worth it for comfort, good quality sleep and peacefulness. Really fantastic - thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tori2507
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to welcoming you again at Meadowcroft.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Countryside breathtaking the beds so comfy and the jacuzzi bath wowcher. I was so in heaven. I felt like I was pampered. Cant wait for the breakfast. I dont want to go home. i want to stay for another night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you so much Victoria. It was very kind of you to write such a nice review. I look forward to welcoming you both back next week.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here for three nights at New Year and were greatly impressed by the quality - it is truly luxurious - the welcome and the value for money. Owner Kath makes the breakfasts and all produce is locally sourced including delicious Morecambe Bay potted shrimps. We are not from the area but Edgworth is one of those places surrounded by Lancashire countryside where you can just pitch up and enjoy a break in welcoming surroundings. Thanks Kath

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank panda272
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Much appreciated. Thank you for the acknowledgement. It is good to know that guests feel comfortable and encouraging for me to know that guests enjoy the local produce and the good walking in the wild West Pennine Moors. Thank you and I hope to see you both in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This B&B is truly one of those places you want to keep quiet about so that next time you are in need of recuperating here it is not rented out to someone else!
A lovely place in stunning Lancashire countryside with very comfortable rooms and a spacious kitchen to have great breakfast in the morning , a chat with your hostess or afternoon cup of tea or coffee or a late night glass of wine.
Everything is new and spotlessly clean and beautifully designed with a great big bathroom. The beds are large and comfy and there is a terrace with a lovely view over the valley with the church steeple lit at night.

I could go on but that would leave no room for the most important thing and that is that B & B is about its people and Cath who runs this unique place is the kindest most genuine hostess I have ever met. Her hospitality is truly authentic and you will enjoy conversation with her. We have stayed several times while visiting family and will no doubt return as soon as we can!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review. It makes all the hard work worth while .I strive to offer a high standard of service and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My Son recommended this Bed and Breakfast to us and we weren't dissapointed.

I have stayed in many a bed and breakfast and hotel in my time from Glasgow to Bagdad, but I have to admit, this was well up with the best.

Nestled on a hill side overlooking the reservoir this new build cottage style b&b is just perfect.

Spotlessly clean, beautifully appointed and run by the most delightful lady. What more could one want?

Well the perfect breakfast of course – which I can only give 10 out of 10 for, made even better by dellightful company from a couple also visiting there from Watford.

There is nothing more I can add except thank you, we will be back.

Room Tip: All Fabulous - the one on the left has a bath!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred39_10
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you so much for the amazing review. It is much appreciated.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous weekend at Meadowcroft Barn. Once again thanks to tripadvisor for helping me discover this little gem. My husband and I were visiting friends on the Sunday in Bolton and decided to try find somewhere to stay so we could make a weekend of it. Meadowcroft Barn was perfect.
Our two hour journey there was in heavy rain and it was cold.
On our arrival at the barn we were greeted by the owner Kath who showed us to our room.
The log burner was on and it was the perfect warm welcome.
Kath had prepared homemade cookies and flapjacks too so the first thing we done was sit in front of the fire with a freshly brewed coffee and enjoyed the cookies.
There was no one else staying in the other room so we had the kitchen/diner to ourselves. I could of sat there all evening.
We were treated like friends with such a warm hostess it made us feel so welcome and at home.
The service at this B&B is second to none, and their attention to detail is outstanding.
For dinner there are two pubs within easy walking distance and they offer great home cooked meals.
After reading all the reviews I was expecting something good, but I was also ready to accept that all my expectations might not be met. Well, all of my expectations were met and exceeded!
To cap it all the breakfast was superb.
All in all a perfect break.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MidlandsBubble
KathBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

What a lovely review, thank you! I really enjoy running the B&B, but hearing a great review makes my job so rewarding, and I'm pleased you had such a good time here, and of course that you enjoyed your breakfast and flapjacks. I look forward to you coming to stay again and perhaps, weather permitting, you can enjoy walking to the pubs through the Barlow Wood. It is a shame you are not visiting this weekend as we have some very special guests staying in Meadowcroft Farm-next door. Father Christmas is stopping off and his raindeers are staying in the stables!
Kath

Reviewed 10 November 2013

"Bed and Breakfast" accommodation, although literally correct, does not really describe the excellent facilities at Meadowcroft Barn. Everything is of the highest standard - the décor, bedding, luxury bathroom and meal. Kath is very welcoming and accommodating - we arrived late at night and she was there with the torch showing us in! Our stay was a wonderful break and we would highly recommend Meadowcroft Barn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay here. Torches are much needed here at Meadoiwcroft, one of the perks of living off the beaten track! I hope to see you in the future, if you come in the summer you will be able to watch the sun set on the terrace, a nice change from torches and willies!
Kath

Been to Meadowcroft Barn? Share your experiences!