“brilliant food”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Edgworth
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Pub & Restaurant situated in the heart of Edgworth Village, nestled in the west Pennine Moors. The White Horse is one of Bolton's best loved & known landmarked inns, dating back to the late 1700's. It was built when the village crossroads were formed from the enclosure of Edgworth Moor in 1795. The Inn is famous for its beautiful long bar, old beams, open fires, cosy seating and welcoming charm with a vibrate atmosphere. We take great pride in Food Quality preparing fresh to order every day. We strive to ensure that our produce is sourced as locally as possible. Our meats, fish & vegetables are delivered every day to ensure freshness of quality. Our chips are famous for being hand cut on site to make the best proper homemade chips. Our Bar is known for its 6 Cask Conditioned Ales, bought from some of Lancashire's most popular breweries. Our knowledge on our ales ensures the customer always has a good choice to choose from our bar, suiting everyone's pallet!
Dunbar, United Kingdom
“brilliant food”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

we were advised to go to the white horse by Meadowbank B&B (its brilliant there). We were greeted when we arrived and sat at a table. The waiters could not have been kind enough or attentive enough! I had the king prawns for starters, and husband had chicken wings. For the main course we both had the steak. It was cooked perfectly (blue) and double cooked chips (ohhhhh crispy on the outside and dreamy creamy on the inside - just like mum use to make!. The sweetest baked tomatoes! We will be back there for a meal definitely when we come back to Meadowbank B&B as they are fabulous and the rooms a dream with a fantastic bathroom.

• Visited November 2013
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Many Thanks for your review, We are very pleased that you enjoyed your meal on Steph from Meadowcroft B&B recommendation. All the best for Christmas and New year from all the team at The White Horse.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“recon for 70th birthday treat”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

we went to the white horse inn after reading other reviews on trip advisor as I wanted a restaurant with a nice atmosphere and good food to take my mum for her 70th birthday treat. so we thought myself and my husband would go first to " try it out " as you do. ( mums are awkward). anyway we were very happy the staff were lovely and friendly and the food delicious! we had the hot sandwiches and they were the nicest we have ever had! this is a lovely place with lovely people. so good that I am taking my mum today for the full meal and I know she will love it as much as we did.

• Visited November 2013
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Glad you enjoyed your meal. It was lovely to meet you and your family. Hope to see you again soon.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Gem of a Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My third visit to the White Horse for a meal since Alex moved in. The freshly prepared food is a delight. My lunch of onion soup was delicious and the hot roast beef sandwich, the best I have tasted. The lemon posset desert is to die for !
It is a real treat to have such freshly produced food in the centre of the village with such an amenable host and cosy surroundings. Thank you Alex.

• Visited November 2013
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thanks very much Kath :)
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The friendly welcome is back”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is one of my favourite local pubs in a lovely village with excellent local walks.
I've been coming here on and off for over 40 years and so have seen numerous management styles and staff changes.
The good news is, the friendly welcome is back now the pub is under new management.
Excellent food at reasonable prices is served either in the bar area or on the dining area.
We had a light meal which we both enjoyed and I had a perfect pint of Bank Top Flat Cap.
I can recommend you pay a visit.

• Visited October 2013
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thanks very much for the review. Your feedback is very much appreciated! Hope to see you again soon.
Edgworth, United Kingdom
“Onion Rings to die for”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We recently visited The White Horse in Edgworth which is under new management. The food was superb. I had the Gammon steak which came with home made chips, pineapple and egg and the best onion rings that I have ever had, ever !!! My partner had the vegetarian risotto and she thoroughly enjoyed this too. And even more importantly, the beer was great. The whole pub has been smartened up and now has a really good feel to it. Give it a try..

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank KingNeilonhistravels
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Glad you enjoyed your meal! Many Thanks for the review... Hope to see you again soon :)