“Excellent service”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Edgworth
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a family run Pub & Restaurant situated in the heart of Edgworth Village, nestled in the west Pennine Moors. The White Horse is one of Bolton's best loved & known landmarked inns, dating back to the late 1700's. It was built when the village crossroads were formed from the enclosure of Edgworth Moor in 1795. The Inn is famous for its beautiful long bar, old beams, open fires, cosy seating and welcoming charm with a vibrate atmosphere. We take great pride in Food Quality preparing fresh to order every day. We strive to ensure that our produce is sourced as locally as possible. Our meats, fish & vegetables are delivered every day to ensure freshness of quality. Our chips are famous for being hand cut on site to make the best proper homemade chips. Our Bar is known for its 6 Cask Conditioned Ales, bought from some of Lancashire's most popular breweries. Our knowledge on our ales ensures the customer always has a good choice to choose from our bar, suiting everyone's pallet!
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having planned a long weekend break with my daughter and parents we arrived at our stunning accomodation to be informed that our host had reserved us a table for dinner in The White Horse Inn. When we arrived at the pub the watresses were happy and smiling and showed us to our table in the resturant part of the pub. Even with the UFEA Cup Finals on in the bar we were able to relax and enjoy our meal. The meals were freshly prepared and hot when served. Portions were just right and we were not rushed to finish eating. We returned there on a couple more occasions were we sat in the bar area. The waitresses again take your order and service is just as good. Good value for money and a full stomach!

2 Thank Anne C
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Many Thanks for your review. Were glad to know that you enjoyed your experience with us at The White Horse. Great to hear you returned on a couple of occasions whilst visiting the area too. We look forward to greeting you again soon if you return to the area. Best Wishes Team White Horse.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good food and service spoiled by the noise.”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I haven't been in the White Horse since it changed hands so we decided to try it for a Sunday evening meal.
The food and service were spot on and the meal was good value for money.
However, it would have been quieter eating on the runway at Manchester airport. The only table available in the pub area was at top end of the bar. The noisy group of mostly women in the same area had obviously enjoyed a few scoops this Sunday afternoon and were in high spirits. I didn't have a problem this until just before our main courses arrived someone else put music on the jukebox and then asked a waiter to turn the speakers on in this part of the room because she couldn't hear it. I expected him to say that it was deliberately quieter in there for diners but instead he turned them on.
So now there was dance music competing with the loud group who now got even louder.
This combined with the limited vocabulary of one or two, a liking for the f word shall we say, just about topped it off.
I did get up and look for another table in the alcoves but the music was loud in those too.
The management were either used to this or oblivious as they didn't do anything about it.

I appreciate that the noisy lot were regulars and spend a lot of money in there but they've managed to put me off eating in there again and I bet I'm not the only one as there were lots of empty tables as we left.

1 Thank John D
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hi JohnD663,

Many Thanks for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your meal and that our service was up to it's usual high standard, however, my sincere apologises that you were disrupted during your visit by a group of our regulars. Last week was a particular sad week as we lost a well loved village character very suddenly. Her family where in the pub reminiscing about old times.

I have sent you a reply directly, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,

Alex

(Director)
manchester
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ist time in this pub we came based on reviews its in a nice part of the country,the pub is divided into 2 areas the pub and a restaurant you can eat in either.We had reserved a table so we were put in the restaurant its only small but well laid out.The food came well presented and hot, my wife had the thai curry and I had the gammon served with all the trimming including home made onion rings both meals were lovely, the staff and atmosphere were spot on,we will return

1 Thank cynthia60
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Many Thanks for the review. Its great to know that you came to try us based on our reviews. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“super Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The drive up to this character pub is lovely.Views of rolling hills and quaint stone buildings.Inside is cosy and traditional with a well kept feel.The young staff were friendly and efficient. I had pie of the day steak in lovely rich gravy with real chips.My partners haddock was massive and she found it to be a lovely piece of fish.All food was fresh and piping hot.I heartily recommend a meal here.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank joseph850
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Many Thanks for the great review. We're glad yourself & your wife enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Consistently High Standard of Service, Food, Fine Wines and Real Ales!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have to hold my hands up first of all as I have become somewhat of a regular at this family run well lived in but, clean and comfy country pub north of Bolton. It is a pub that offers a warm welcome and serves the best pint of real ale and fresh prepared food in this lovely area. Makes a change from the 'freshly cooked' but 'frozen pre packed' rubbish I have to put up with during the week. We have visited this pub for a mother's day treat, after a disaster elsewhere the night before, and more recently on Easter Sunday. The 'special day' 3 course menus that this place cooks for £12.95 are simply unbeatable. My only niggle is that the recipes for the Moroccan Lamb main course and lime pie desert are closely guarded secrets. There are a good selection of wines, especially the reds and 7 real ales at the bar including Copper Dragon. We stayed on to watch part of the Sunday phone quiz, which was highly entertaining as it was fiercely contested by the locals. Thanks for a great Easter Sunday treat.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jason H
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thanks for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and experience at the White Horse. Hope to see you again soon.