“Well done Alex and team”

The White Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Edgworth
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family run Pub & Restaurant situated in the heart of Edgworth Village, nestled in the west Pennine Moors. The White Horse is one of Bolton's best loved & known landmarked inns, dating back to the late 1700's. It was built when the village crossroads were formed from the enclosure of Edgworth Moor in 1795. The Inn is famous for its beautiful long bar, old beams, open fires, cosy seating and welcoming charm with a vibrate atmosphere. We take great pride in Food Quality preparing fresh to order every day. We strive to ensure that our produce is sourced as locally as possible. Our meats, fish & vegetables are delivered every day to ensure freshness of quality. Our chips are famous for being hand cut on site to make the best proper homemade chips. Our Bar is known for its 6 Cask Conditioned Ales, bought from some of Lancashire's most popular breweries. Our knowledge on our ales ensures the customer always has a good choice to choose from our bar, suiting everyone's pallet!
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“Well done Alex and team”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The White Horse has become the 'hub' of the Village and deservedly so.
A very friendly atmosphere with great food and service.
Nothing is too much trouble and you cannot possibly be disappointed!

• Visited July 2014
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Nick,

Many Thanks for your fantastic review & comments. I'm really glad that you enjoy what we have to offer here at the White Horse and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes

“Great pub grub.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We've been going to the White Horse for years and it has recently changed hands. I didn't think it would be possible to better what the previous owners did but they have. I love the bean burger, it's spicy, moist and delicious. The chips are the best I have had any where, proper chunky chips cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2014
AlexJames22, Owner at The White Horse Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Claire A,

Many thanks for your great review on The White Horse. I'm glad you enjoyed your Spicy Bean Burger and I'm particularly pleased you reviewed our 'hand cut' chips to be the best you've had any where!

We look forward to seeing you again on your return.

Kindest Regards

Bury, Lancashire
“An excellent pub”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I recently called in to the White Horse for a meal on a Sunday afternoon and I was very impressed. My meal (a roast beef dinner) was very tasty and the roast potatoes were to die for. The selection of real ales on the bar was very impressive, and my pint of Golden Pippin was very well kept. The staff were all friendly and seemed to be knowledgeable about the menu and the drinks available.

Dear Pavorossi,

Many Thanks for your great review about the experience you had at The White Horse.
It has been my pleasure to read a great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your Roast Beef Dinner along with a pint of one of our guest ale's (Copper Dragon's Breweries 'Golden Pippin)' which is a particular favourite to many of our customers.

I am also pleased that you mentioned my staff were knowledgeable about our food & beverage offer.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Wirral, UK
“Excellent food, service and choice of real ales - well worth a visit”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

First impression from the outside is that the pub is tidy, with real flowers in hanging baskets(always a good sign for me) but quite small, however on entering, it was found to be spacious, well-laid out, clean and had an attractive restaurant area, however, we opted to sit in the bar lounge for our lunch.
My partner drinks rose wine and there was only a choice of 2, white zinfandel or pinot grigio. The pinot was very nice though. There was more of choice for me, with 6 real ales to choose from. I can recommend the Flat Cap and the Gold. The young lady serving drinks enquired whether we were eating there and offered to set up a tab. There was a decent menu choice of the usual fare and I chose the pie of the day -steak, with mash and peas, which was quite the best pub pie I have experienced for some years, a light pastry with an ample supply of steak, all tender meat with no gristle and a light mash. My partner enjoyed a very tasty Thai chicken curry. The portions, though not huge, were filling and we could only manage to eat the crumble of the day - plum between us. This was also extremely tasty.
The service was excellent and both gents and ladies toilets were clean and fresh smelling.
We were the only people eating here on a Friday lunch time, which is a great shame. This pub deserves more business and is well worth going out of your way for a pie and pint.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Prentonian
Dear Prentonial,

Many Thanks for you fantastic feedback & comments based on your experience & service at The White Horse. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your review, especially the comments about our wines, real ale selection & our home cooked food.

We take great pride in our pub making sure everything is well presented externally as well as internally along with our food & beverage presentation making sure that every customer has a pleasant experience of what a real country pub should be like in the heart of a beautiful village.

It was unfortunate that on the day you came to visit us that we were fairly quite during lunch time, although most evenings and weekends we do have a consistent steady trade.

Once again many thanks for your review & feedback. We do hope you return to visit us again, and review us to be consistent at what we offer here at The White Horse.
Kindest Regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not a food review”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Hi sorry this isn't a food review, I've heard very good things about the food over the last six months, however I just wanted to make a point at how well the Staff and owner of the White Horse dealt with a terrible car accident out side of the pub on Sunday.

The owner and staff where outside helping the flow of traffic, to ensure everyone's safety. I'd just like to thank them for all their help.

The owner has really helped turn The White Horse around since he took over, it's become a nice village pub and a good place for a nice meal, we will definitely be popping in sooner rather than later.

• Visited June 2014
Many Thanks for your comments regarding the way team White Horse handled a unfortunate car accident outside the pub. We all appreciate the fact that we were recognised on the day to have helped in every way we could. We do hope to see you in The White Horse soon to enjoy our fabulous food & drink. Kindest Regards Alex (Director)