“Warm welcome and great rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Edgworth
Meadowcroft Farm B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Edgworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I booked my Mum, Dad and Aunt in to stay here over a weekend and they loved it. Stephanie looked after them very well and they were all impressed with the quality of the accommodation, food and service. I'll definitely use this B&B again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you so much for your great review, especially as it was your parents and Aunt that stay with us. I'm really happy they enjoyed themselves here. They are most welcome back any time, we had good fun at breakfast reminiscing on all our riding days, falls and injuries! I look forward to your next family gathering so that I can host for them again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Meadowcroft Farm B&B is truly an exceptional place to stay and is run by wife and mum-of-two Steph. The guest accommodation is housed in a self-contained renovated barn ajacent to the livery stables guaranteeing exceptional comfort, peace, privacy and rolling scenery from its terrace.

(NOTE: Meadowcroft Farm B&B is a recent establishment which should not be confused with Meadowcroft Barn B&B which is an equally high standard neighbouring B&B property run by Steph's mother-in-law Cath)

We chose to stay at Meadowcroft Farm B&B purely because, for our short stay to Manchester, we did not want to stay at a souless motorway-side chain hotel or in the city center. Edgworth is within easy access to Bolton and Manchester, only 30mins from Manchester Airport, and given the positive reviews on TA and its AA rating, we thought we would give it a shot. Are we glad we did!

Meadowcroft Farm B&B is run by Steph who is a truly gifted and enthusiastic hostess. The accommodation building, as mentioned, is a recently renovated barn which is adjacent to the livery stables. It has been recently renovated sympathetically to an extremely high standard - everything is new, of good quality, fitted/finished well and pristine. Lighting throughout is recessed spots with dimmers.

The ground level features a double bedroom (can be twin) with flat screen TV & en suite (The White Company toiletries, robes, shower, WC and sink), and a large open plan living/kitchen area with a wood burner and flat screen TV. The kitchen is equipped with all the mod cons you can want so that if you opt not for a B&B stay, you can also self-cater. What is most impressive about the living area is the huge feature window (used to be a stable arch) that looks right onto the livery stables so you can see all the horses!
Upstairs is what Steph calls the hay loft room, again it is a double bedroom (can be twin) with day bed with flat screen TV and en suite facities (The White Company toiletries, robes, shower, WC, sink, and free standing slipper bath).

After being shown around by Steph, she left us a tin of homemade biscuits together with our breakfast menus on the table in the kitchen and asked us to fill them out that evening so that she would be prepared to make our breakfast the next morning. Breakfast time was at our convenience. The menu was what you would expect including the Full English with many items sourced locally. Also, there was a children's menu for those with children.

We requested breakfast for 10.30 the following morning for which Steph arrived prompty at 9.30 to prepare fully armed with her basket of goodies (including eggs from her hens) to get our delicious breakfast ready.

Highlights: First class hostessing by Steph. Superior and comfortable barn conversion (to the point I was jealous and wanted to live there). Quality fresh bed linens, towels, pillows, duvets and toiletries. Pristine cleanliness. Great breakfast. Peace! Friendly horses! Countryside! Can be rented for self-catering breaks. Yummy homemade biscuits and thoughtfully placed yogurts in the fridge. Only a 10 min max walk into Edgworth with its pubs. Easy access Bolton, Manchester and Manchester Airport.

All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated our stay. Thank you Steph. We will most certainly consider staying again for a long-weekend in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FiFiLipton
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Wow! Thank you for your glowing review. It honestly makes my job so worthwhile and rewarding to be given such positive feedback. It's not hard to be in your words 'an enthusiastic hostess' when I get to meet so many lovely people from al walks of life. I'm looking forward to you returning next year and will make you an extra batch of biscuits to take home with you.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

After phoning all the usual places we normally stay when in Bolton ( Last Drop , Egerton House etc with no avail ) I stumbled across Meadowcroft Farm on a recommend ( thanks Steph's mother-in-law ).
The views from every direction of the property are breath taking and on being shown to our "Stable Room" ..................................... WOW !
A spacious bedroom, fitted to what can only be described as an exceptional standard c/w full wet room.
Included was full use of a modern fitted kitchen & also spacious a lounge area c/w log fire.
The breakfast choice was amazing and will certainly put most well known hotel chains to shame, we settled on "the full english" which was cooked using all fresh produce & served by Steph ( even met the hens that provided the eggs )

My congratulations go out to Steph on creating an absolute Jewel & we will definitely be visiting you again soon.

Best Regards
Guy & Debbie

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I certainly enjoyed talking about all things equestrian with Debbie! I look forward to you coming to stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Relatives of mine recently stayed here and found it to be extremely comfortable, very modern with excellent service by the owner Steph. They have booked again and I would recommend this B&B to anyone.

1  Thank baines52016
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thanks so much for posting a review. I am really pleased that your family enjoyed their stay and more than happy they are returning next year.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Well, we cannot speak more highly of our 4 night stay at Meadowcroft Farm over the August Bank holiday weekend. This is a very special find, with the most incredible views, very friendly people and the most delicious breakfasts. The whole barn was very stylishly furnished, 5 star in every way, a lot of space and attention to detail, For example, Steph had made up the beds for our 3 children with kids duvet covers, a little gift for them, bag of crisps on their pillow( encouraging midnight feasts!) and left some toys for them in their room. We went on a fantastic walk just around the farm in the woods, made friends with all the animals and it was a perfect place for us to stay whilst visiting relatives nearby in Bolton. We will be sure to return, thank you so much!! Lucy and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you Lucy for taking the time out to write us a lovely review. We really enjoyed meeting you all, Ted was so excited to meet your family and loved playing with your delightful children. We all look forward to you returning to Bolton again.
Steph
PS thanks for the chocolates, they are delicious!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We travelled from Kent and arrived hot and tired on a Friday afternoon. In stunning countryside, just outside Bolton we easily found Meadowcroft Farm and were instantly delighted by it. The Barn, overlooking the stables and beautiful landscape has been tastefully converted into the most luxurious accommodation with 2 spacious bedrooms each with a beautiful bathrooms and a large comfortable living space with everything you could want and more. Steph and her family are the nicest people and made us so welcome and her delicious breakfast consisting of what ever you want, all fresh and locally sourced and the eggs, just laid, is a great start to the day. She welcomed us with muffins and cookies which, with tea and coffee revived us after our journey. We asked her to recommend somewhere to eat nearby and she booked us a local restaurant for supper where we returned for the subsequent evenings we were staying as the food was so good. There are fabulous walks from the Barn, through a little wooded glade, with a pretty river, waterfall, stone bridge (fairytale stuff to us southerners) which leads to the village. There we found 3 pubs, a butchers a tea room, an ice cream speciality shop in a traditionally stone-built village. Steph gave us directions to reach another village, passing the reservoir with lovely views and you could walk for as long or short a time rarely seeing another walker. The Lancashire countryside was very colourful and the people all so friendly; such a refreshing change from the rush of life. We would love to return for longer to explore the area. There is a lot a local history as well as the large cities nearby and Meadowcroft is the perfect base. Thank you Steph, you have created a gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
StephanieBullen, Owner at Meadowcroft Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you all and your lovely family. I will look forward to pointing you in the direction of some other walks in the area if you return. We have some great reservoirs to walk around here with a few pub stops on the way!!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was travelling up to Bolton to watch the Ironman race, and knew that I needed to stay in a relaxing place. This is exactly what Meadowcroft Farm B&B was. From the moment we arrived down the cobbled drive way I noticed the beautiful stoned farm house and the iron Horse parts dotted about. I instantly felt like I was in a film. This was just too perfect to be true. As we parked up we were greeted by the B&B's owner / organiser, Steph. She was friendly, approachable and helped us into our little home for the weekend. She went out her way to make us feel at home and even taught me a few things on horses and the farm. The house over looked the beautiful stables and the breath taking views of the hilly fields, I was blown away. I was so sad when our time came to an end and we had to leave for home. I will of course be coming back again. I feel that we have made not only lovely holiday memories but have made friends with Steph and her beautiful family. I will be passing on this little gem of a B&B to my friends and family to go visit.

Room Tip: Both Rooms in the self catering house were beautiful. The downstairs room was a large kingsize bed w...