We stayed in Royal Pier over a weekend. The hotel is good and well maintained. To make your stay good make sure:
1. You ask for sea facing room. I stayed in room 27, it is good room with sea view. I heard non sea facing rooms are not spacious
2. if you like swimming I would recommend take swimming dress with you
3. Being Indian I didn't liked the food, as it is more british. Though British guests who stayed there shared with us that even they didn't liked the food much.
4. Staff was great except one lady who appeared rather rude to many guests
5. One funny thing is they switch off heating at night and sometimes in day as well. From 7 to 10 PM heating in rooms is off and they say it will turn on at predefined time. It was rather funny for me and really hard for my wife who had cough and cold.
Other wise hotel is good value for money and good staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Pier Hotel, originally built by the Victorians for Princess Beatrice as her summer residence, is ideally positioned on the seafront offering views of one of the finest beaches on the Island and the Pier with its family amenities. Facilities include an indoor swimming pool and spa-pool, regular entertainment, choice of two bars and a light, spacious dining room overlooking the seafront. We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and offer value for money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Pier Sandown
- Royal Pier Hotel Sandown, Isle Of Wight