“nice pool shame about the hotel”
Review of Seagrove Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandown
Seagrove Hotel
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 31 March 2010

On arrival i was gutted to find the room allocated was poor quality decor, ensuite with sliding door that didn't fit and beds that were hard and ridged. on complaining to the staff we were given keys to two other rooms which to be honest were even worse. I rang Travelstyle to complain to be told basically that it was a budget holiday and their company had only recently been to the hotel and fond on checking that it was suitable for purpose. I won't go into further details but assure you i will not be travelling with that particular company again. I persevered with the hotel and found the pool and jaccusi area really good apart from the extra charge incurred. The staff were ok and the food athough limited choice was tasty.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chirchee

Reviewed 10 February 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Seagrove the staff were very nice the food was ok and the entertainment every night was very good the hotel needs decorating and new carpets and chairs in the dining room then it would be lovely didnt get a swim as the pool was out of order

• Stayed: February 2010
1  Thank ballocks
Reviewed 27 January 2010

We booked this Twixmas break as a last minute cheap getaway with TravelStyle. We took my nine year old daughter, and parents. It was a dinner, bed & breakfast deal and included entertainment, this varied but was enjoyable and the bingo was fun. Couldn't fault the food quality, but you might if you had picky eaters as the coice was limited, and I'd recommend getting to the dining room on time if you don't want to miss a course. All in all, a really fun break and unbelievable for the price, the hotel owner even popped on to the coach to say 'bye, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jenny_ianWalsall
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I travelled with Travelstyle for the first time at Easter 2009. I truly did not expect the Ritz for what I had paid, but as a first time traveller with a coach company I did not know what to expect. I was given a cupboard on the ground floor, with the window leading onto the main street in Sandown. It was very hot and stuffy, but it was not safe to open the windows because of the location.
The food and dining room staff were excellent. The corridors were filthy and the carpets were so soiled that your feet stuck to them. I slept on towels because the bed was so suspect. This was a strange hotel. The front looked onto the promenade, it had a pool and a reasonable dining room, however, the rear of the hotel could have been back street Calcutta! I decided to give Travelstyle another chance and booked a hotel in Eastbourne with a reasonable rating from Trip Advisor. This hotel was not shown on their website , although it was advertised in the new brochure. A telephone call, however, and I was booked into the better hotel, only to be informed two weeks later that the trip had been cancelled due to lack of customers. Well, I think that Travelstyle promoted their "sink" hotel at the expense of the decent hotel to make more money. Things do not have to be dirty, "cheap and cheerful" can at least be clean. Never again will I book with this company

• Stayed: March 2009
3  Thank willowarbler
Reviewed 23 November 2009

The wife and I travelled with a group of 47 people of varying age groups (I am 50) we had heard good and bad reviews about this hotel but chose to ignore them all and reserve judgement for ourselves, as it turned out we made theright choice.
Firstly we travelled with NIC travel and apart from not having a toilet on the coach everything went smoothly.
On arrival at the Seagrove we were greeted with very friendly staff who checked us all in with professional precision, now the rooms, well alright I accept they weren't the best but they were clean, warm and all but one of our rooms had a sea view as this hotel is right on the seafront, our room had a bath & shower and ensuite toilet, a colour TV, although a little hazy, and a comfortable sofa.
We went to dinner and were greeted with extremely efficient staff who fell over themselves to be helpful, we also had two people, one was my wife, who had spacial dietry needs as they are both Coeliac, the staff couldn't have been more helpful though, the food arrived hot and very tasty, all dinners are three course, breakfast is toast, cereal and a full English plus tea & coffee, I've never eaten so much.
The entertainment room and bar are more than adequate and the Geordie bar staff are entertaining in themselves, however, thehotel put on live entertainment every night we were there.
All in all how I would sum this hotel up is, if you are looking for luxury don't go here, but if you are looking for good value for money breaks with good food, friendly staff and an excellent location then look no further than the Seagrove.
By the way we all paid £129 each, now do the math and work outh the value, coach, ferry, bed, breakfast, evening meal, live entertainment every night oh and how could I forget, a free bar on the Saturday night.
Only disappointment is the swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi was broken
Well done Seagrove

• Stayed: October 2009
2  Thank btlc007
Reviewed 14 November 2009

went to this hotel on 11 nov for 5 days could not wish for a better hotel the staff was great nothing too much trouble for them meals were fantastic beds clean bit run down but been in a lot worse it was a pleasure to meet so many young people working in this hotel thanks for a great holiday warren and carol good look for the future

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I echo the observations of Katie-Lin, made on 22nd August 2009, concerning this hotel.
I found the managemenrt and staff to be very helpful and friendly.
Although the hotel is in need of refurbishment of its decor, the short break of five days was well worth the money and if I see it advertised again I would return as there was so much of the island that I did not see.
It was a pity that the swimming pool was out of action as I would have made use of it.
Milieu