“Don't do it!”
Review of Seagrove Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sandown
Seagrove Hotel
Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Don't do it!”
Reviewed 23 October 2010

This is my first ever review. I tend to believe that more people write reviews to complain, than to praise, so I didn't believe the bad reviews I read before I went. I now know that none of them were exaggerated. For 15 years, I've travelled with Travelstyle, on between one and four holidays each year, and this is, by a long way, the worst hotel they have ever put me in! The room was tiny, and dingy. Black mould in nooks and crannies. Very poorly decorated by a rank amateur.Heating didn't work and complaints were ignored (sat in my room shivering). TV had interference which they said was taxis stopped outside (when there were no taxis). Interference was from a cooling unit outside window. Complaint ignored. Usual pathetic entertainment., but what do you expect for the price. Food was reasonable (salads were really good), but I didn't like being called "Mate" by the young waiters. Sea view from back of hotel was lovely, but I will not ever visit this hotel again, unless it's burnt down and rebuilt. Even local shopkeepers made negative comments about it. I also will not be using Travelstyle again. Their coach organisation was abysmal.

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank stevedes71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Stayed at the seagrove in august 2010. we go every year, staff are really friendly. nothing is ever to much trouble for them. food is very good. good choice of menu. if u ask for anything extra they will always try there best to get it for you. Myself and my partner are going again in november ,turkey and tinsel, never been on one of these before. hotel in need of a upgrade. but its very clean, and we alway have a really good room. swimming pool good, last time we were there they were having a lot of problems with it, when they got it sorted we enjoyed using the pool, only one problem turn the heating up on it PLEASE...for a cheep holiday we really enjoy it . thanks seagrove and all your lovely staff for making our holiday really enjoyable. well done

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank JULES6693
Essex, uk
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We have just returned from a weekend away, staying at the seagrove hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived as we were given a sea-facing room with a balcony - what a pleasure. We had more than ample storage space and a lovely big bath. The room was clean and there was more than enough tea and coffee in the room at all times.

Yes, there is an issue with the hotel looking tired and it needs lots of loving care and of course touching up and small repairs but for what we paid for the entire weekend - it was a bargain, as always.

Passengers must put these coach trips into the true context for what they are - cheap and cheerful. If you want to stay in the Hilton with 5 course meals and be waited on day and night, then don't use them. We often travel with Travelstyle and although some of the rooms we have stayed in were lacking in the 5 star treatment, it serves its purpose and it most definitely suits our pockets and budgets.

These holidays suit budget-strapped people and they provide us with a proper break - you sit back, relax and the drivers do all the hard work. You arrive at your hotel, your meal is ready for you - you get what you pay for. Personally, it it wasn't for Travelstyle holidays then we would not be able to take these little weekend breaks. This is what's important. If we never had this option then we'd have no holidays.

Don't knock Travelstyle and their choices of hotels and accomodation. They give you a great holiday for a budget price. I'll keep using them as long as they are in business. I have yet to have one bad holiday with them - Well done Travelstyle and Many thanks for making it possible for many budget-stricken families to have a break!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2010

the hotel was in need of some TLC but the staff made up for this they made you feel really welcome the the food was good and plenty full. we went with travelstyle and maybe they should check out some of the hotels they put there guests inthem, we had a a nine hour journey but our driver was freindly and helpful, if they brought the hotel up to standards with the staff they have they could do very well

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I have just come back from this hotel it is damp you can smell it dirty and run down the hand rails where loose the floor boards in the bathroom where bad just keep waay from it we went with travelstyle

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank chattox

Travellers are raving about these Sandown hotels

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I have just come back from visiting the IOW and stayed at this hotel despite the reviews I had seen. I reserved judgement and while the rooms did need updating the food and staff were amazing. My main problem was the numbering of the rooms as the layout of the hotel was not straight forward. I think if the rooms were renumbered and made simpler it would make things a lot better. The entertainment was good, especially Angie and route 27. Kelly from Route 27 was amazing and i feel she is a star in the making. The highlight of the trip was Dean, he greeted us when we arrived and waved us off when we left. He helped run the bar, do the bingo and also did a turn as Elvis on one night. He made the trip worthwhile. Visit the Britannia Bar near the pier if you want to see some other entertainment. I would go again, but not with TRavelstyle as the journeytime was too long, even for me. Our room was clean, the bathroom was huge, despite the blue bathroom suite.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2010

i had a lovely time staff made me and my family very well come , food was lovely a different menu every night and nothing was too much trouble , thank you to all the staff and see you next year

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family