“Hotel?”

Caprera Hotel
Caprera Hotel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 18 August 2012

For our trip to the Isle of Wight last month my wife pre-selected several hotels as possible place to stay. The first that we came to was the Caprera “Hotel” - plaase note the use of quote marks. We arrived outside, looked inside, then left to look elsewhere.

May I immediately say that in no way, particularly as not having stayed there, am I able to comment let alone judge the standards of food and service – but I can definitely say that the Caprera is not in any stretch of the imagination a HOTEL as it obviously lacks not only in size but also in the facilities that are expected by that term.

If you want a Bed & Breakfast or a Guest House then the Caprera is in all probability as good, maybe even better, than most of it’s competitors – but to term itself a HOTEL is not fair even to itself let alone it’s potential customers! As a B&B it quite possible deserves high marks, but as it is said to be a hotel my marking is as a hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jim J

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. We received a warm welcome, were very comfortable in our extremely clean rooms, and had a great breakfast. The hotel is within walking distance to the beach, and with private parking at the hotel we were free to explore the area at our leisure. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pet S
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Good location, 5mins away to the beach and train station. The funitures are old but very clean, beautiful rooms! I like the staffs, thay are very very friendly. The breakfast was nice

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Caprera for a one night mini break. We felt really comfortable, the double room was bright and big enough for the two of us, and breakfast was delicious (and made to order)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed at the Caprera for a week for our honeymoon. Warm welcome, and very nice spacious room, with a view of the sea in the distance. Having a mini fridge in our room was a useful extra as it was very hot weather and it was good to have somewhere to chill drinks. We were made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. I had very specific dietary requirements which they were able to cater for very well, even giving me alternative choices for the evening meal that were not offered to everyone else. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed in the family room, It was myself, my mum and my 3 year old daughter. On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and were very pleased with our room, it was clean spacious and we were provided with towels shampoo and tea, coffee and biscuits... which made it feel that little bit more homely.
Amazing breakfast with a wide choice of cereal fruit juice and toast and cooked. My daughter was made to feel very welcome and was very taken with the owner Sally.
It is definately the only place I will be staying when I plan to return next year :)
Thank you for making our trip that bit more.....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michaela P
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We first stayed here three years ago and have been comming back time after time, we love the b & b, very friendly staff and the food is marvelous

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
Melville Hall Hotel
#3 of 29 in Sandown
North House
North House
#1 of 5 in Cowes

Been to Caprera Hotel? Share your experiences!