Caprera Hotel
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have just returned from Isle of Wight, where I spent three nights at Caprera. The location is good, close to the beach, three bus-stops are nearby and the High Street is also on walking distance.

The owners were very kind and helpful. Our breakfasts there were excellent. The house itself seems to be from the Thirties but maintained in excellent condition and the original style has been preserved.

Our room was spacious and there was a fridge. Every evening when we returned we saw the room spotlessly clean and new towels were provided. We also got a hairdryer.

I recommend Caprera to everyone planning to visit the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Branimir P
Reviewed 6 April 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Caprera over the Easter bank holiday. It is in a good location, close to centre of Sandown and some good old fashioned local pubs (the castle and the old comical were great) and a short bus ride or enjoyable cliff walk hike to the lovely old shanklin village. Good location to explore rest of island by car. Our room was nice and cosy with a very comfortable bed. The breakfasts were fantastic, served at a time chosen by us and filled us up until dinner time, served by Sally who made us feel very welcome. All in all the Caprera is everything you would want and expect from a traditional English guesthouse, would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel, stop the search you have found it.
The Caprera has a warm welcome friendly staff and spotlessly clean. I stayed for one night and the breakfast I had was the best I've had in ages. I will definatley be back next time for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. Very clean, quiet and the breakfast was great!
The room was large but the bathroom was rather small, but adequate. Bed was comfy and there was heating in the room but we didn't need it....had the window open too. Could be quite hot in summer perhaps.
Great sevice, with a smile too!
There is limited parking available. With only 2+ spaces it could be a little problematic in summmer season.
A great place to stay....highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I'd say this was a large B and B rather than a hotel but saying that it was lovely. The lady that greeted us was great, wasn't bothered by the mud we brought in and helped our friend with bus times. She offered us breakfast at a time to suit us and it was really nice. The room was big and very comfy. The furnishing were not modern but that isn't what matters to me. It was clean tidy and had everything we needed. Would defiantly say there again as made to feel very welcome. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family