Friends Hotel
Marina Bay Hotel(Sandown)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$78
US$69
US$125
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was damp with wallpaper coming away from the wall in the bedroom and black mould on the bathroom ceiling - the shower didn't work until the 3rd day we were there and there was no heating on for anyone. Mould around window frames as the condensation was appalling- we were cold all the time and the beds felt damp.We sat in semi darkness for 3 hours the first night as the mananger wouldn't come and put a new light bulb in until he had finished washing up he said and then it was done with such bad grace as if we were being a nuisance for bothering him. My sister and I are vegetarians and their idea of veggie food was a quiche with gravy poured over it -yuk. Breakfast was the only decent meal although all meals were generous portions. The bar was loud and they kept the fire door between the bedrooms and the bar open playing loud music which kept us awake until nearly 1 o'clock in the morning one night. It was also further than advertised to walk to the seafront. We spent all of our time out so as not to be cold and we even ate out sometime to avoid dinner. It was like a time warp as it was so dated - like a fifties holiday camp. I have always been prepared to make do on holiday as you can't expect it to be like home but this was truly awful and I would not stay there again if it was free and I was driven there in a rolls royce.

Room Tip: Believe bedrooms upstairs were cold but not damp
Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank mazcure
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It started as soon as we walked through the door,
owner Paul and his staff carried our bags up to our room,nice and comfy they were.
nice view over the garden,the rooms were on suite,food and entertainment fantastic bingo horse racing music music music...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dereklcg
Reviewed 12 September 2011

stayed at the friends hotel in september 2011.Had a lovely time,Food was lovely ,and paul and sandra where good hosts would definately stay here again for the price we payed it was very good.

Room Tip: stayed in a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beryl23
Reviewed 13 August 2011

On arrival you are greeted by Paul. He seemed nice enough although this was the last time I saw him throughout my stay, in fact it was the last time I saw anyone. Despite it being peak season, I was the only person staying there over a 3 day period. The bar was closed. It was creepy and felt like I was in isolation. I did not feel safe going outside for a cigarette in the evening. There was NO staff around any of the evenings I stayed. Absolute hell. Plastic sheets on the beds???? Why??? Very dated. Would not stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Nm1970
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Our five day stay at the friends Hotel was a very pleasant experience at a good value for money price. We were part of a coach party joining from many different pick up points and though arriving after a long journey, we were received in a very friendly manner and dinner was first class. This theme continued throughout our stay. We would be prepared to use this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple