“wonderful b & b”

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“wonderful b & b”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

we only stayed for 1 night for mothers day but wished we where there for longer. The staff very helpful and with 2 girls 12 months and 4 years the couldnt do enough for us. We plan to return to isle of wight as this was our first visit and will most be staying here again, rooms were lovely and views of sea beautiful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kerrybadger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
East Peckham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My girlfriend and decided at the last minute to spend the weekend in the Isle of Wight, not wanting to spend a huge amount of money, we opted for the Tarvic Hotel, the hotel is right on the sea front, and made for a great base to expolore the island, We agree that the beds were on the hardside but for the money this was not an issue, the bathroom was newly tiled and spotlessly clean, which isnt always the case in hotels charging 5xtimes the amount.

For the price you cant really go wrong.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Olijaz
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Stayed for a bargain price whilst cycling around the island. Hotel looks out on the seafront. Rooms were clean and fairly spacious and bathroom looked recently refitted and clean. Breakfast was £4 extra to price paid online, and well worth it - included cereal and a full english breakfast. At the price I paid you can't go wrong.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sparks008
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Stayed 28 Feb to 4 March 2011 arranged by justgo holidays on BB and evening meal basis. As we are both smokers, booked and paid £5 per night for balcony room direct to hotel.
Greeted by tea and biscuits while staff sorted luggage and delivered to rooms, this also allowed check in to be staggered rather than 40 or 50 people queing all at once, brilliant!. I have to say the room was smallish and therefore basic, but we drew the short straw because the other two bacony rooms are half as big again. Everything was clean and fresh and was kept that way.
Food was good / adequate throughout the week if a bit bland for me. I estimate you would pay £5 to £6 for breakfast in a cafe bar and £7 to £10 for dinner. Staff were always busy but polite and attentive.
There was entertainment on three nights not to my taste, there has always been rubbish "pop" music and the biggest hits are it.
Sandown is a very small town but the Island is well worth a visit. I cannot say what IOW is like in the summer but I had a great time. If you have a bus pass like me the bus service is very good at present and you get the best view from the top deck of a bus.
5 years ago my employer was paying £150 a night for B&B in various locations for me, we paid £112 each for 4 nights dinner B&B and transport and a couple of excursions!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank hooked146
portsmouth
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed at the tarvic 2 hotel with 2 teenagers and a toddler. The rooms were lovely and clean, the staff were efficient and excellent with both our teenagers Joe and Fred and our toddler Max. Hose the barman was superb and on top of it all it was excellent value for money. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tinkerbellportsmouth
London
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Tarvic 2. Booked though friends we were travelling with I have to say I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews and it having no star ratings. We usually stay in 4^ hotels, this hotel was booked by my friend becasue of the price, it was so cheap! I'm well aware that reviews are subjective so this will be based on what I expect from a hotel and what I got. Entering the hotel there is a tranquil, peaceful. laidback atmosphere. For example at present this hotel only accepts cash payments. We were paying by debit card so offered to get the cash but were told not to worry just pay sometime throughout our stay. The receptionist was friendly and effiecient. Although we'd booked a ground floor room we were offered an alternative 1st floor seaview room and were shown round both before check in (we opted for ground floor as I have problems walking). I saw 3 rooms, all decorated the same, Light wooden floors, open wardrobes, ensuite, tea/coffee facilities, small television (no sky tv but I didn't need this whilst away), clean neutral decor. The room, bedding and towels were spotless. The beds were extremely firm however I did not have a problem sleeping. Rooms were cleaned everyday. The rooms had central heating and were warm. No heating in our ensuite but our friends did have in their ensuite. The ensuite consisted of a shower, sink and toilet, again very clean. The water was hot everday and the shower was powerful. The grounds were clean. The manager was around all the time and was so friendly, couldn't do enough for us. We had some lovely long chats with him. We had breakfast once and he let us arrive slightly later than it was usually served. English breakfast was ok. We used the bar one night, the barman was friendly and drink prices were cheap compared to London pubs. There was no entertainment whilst we were here but we did see a dance floor. I did notice that a couple of people were using wi fi so this was available.
Overall this was an enjoyable hotel. Sun streaming through the glass front in the mornings, tiled floors throughout gives it a real mediterranean feeling. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gemmcards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2011

As it was not expensive, we were a little bit stress. We were wrong. Even if from the outside fresh paint seems to be needed, everything was great. We took a twin and a triple as we have 3 kids. 9 -11- 14 . The rooms were clean, good firm mattress + Small but clean and functional bathroom. fresh towels, TV, electric boiler...
One of our bedroom had a wonderful sea view. Furthermore, from the manager, to waitress, we only had polite and smily faces.
if posh people won't feel at ease, the other will be satisfied. (it was low season)
Breakfast ok too, english or cereales + toast + orange juice + milk + coffee or tea

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family