“You get what you pay for.”
Review of Tarvic 2 Hotel

Tarvic 2 Hotel
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
redditch
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Came here on a travel style holiday for 4 nights. Ok the hotel is tired and needs up dating in the dining room and reception area but I found our room to be clean and pleasant. The food was nice and the waiting staff were very helpful and polite. The beds were abit hard I must admit. Over all we enjoyed our stay. If your not expecting to much from the hotel then fine. If your expecting luxury then forget it.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank seekingshells

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Newhaven, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel with friends a short time ago. Personally I think its the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Firstly the accomadation was very window over looking a side road, no cleaning the first day. the rooms were very small, mould on walls in bathroom. The food was very poor quality portion sizes tiny, no fresh ingredients most of it was either out of tin or frozen. The meal eating times were certain times at 8.30 am for breakfast not from 7am to 9am.and supper was 6.30pm only not from 7pm to 9pm. No entertainment. Overall not good

Room Tip: Don't stay at the tarvic2hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank poortarvic

Travellers are raving about these Sandown hotels

England
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Before we booked this "hotel" we read the reviews and thought overall it looked like a good place to stay. After all the majority of them said it was either satisfactory to very good, a few said it was poor etc. Well after staying there for two nights I cannot believe the majority of the reviews were genuine after our stay in this so called "hotel"

When you arrive you are meet with a very messy front garden well it has not been touched for many a year. When you enter and make your way to the front desk there is a sign saying "if no one here please ring the front door bell" so back to the front door (not far, but why no bell on the desk?) . We arrived early and when the gentleman arrived he made it clear we had arrived early and while we could leave our case with him we would have to come back later (we arrived at approx. 10.00 for a 14.00 hrs. check in) which we did.

When we came back the first thing they asked for was the money up front, we have never been asked for the money on arrival before where ever we had stayed. We believe this was because once they have your money you have to stay there, to be honest this is true we would have left after the first night.

The "hotel" it's self is in urgent need of an a revamp (please see the photographs) holes in the ceiling in the reception and breakfast areas that we noticed. It is also not very clean. The bed was like sleeping on concrete.

On the second night we went to the bar to purchase a couple bottles of water. There were about three of us waiting to be served, the “barman / clerk / jack of all trades” just left the bar and went to check someone in left us there for 20 minutes!

Fire doors “wedged’ open (see photographs)

No electrics had been PAT tested, well there were no stickers to say they were, a legal requirement.

Fire alarm partly blocked by doorframe!!!

In the breakfast room for two days there were cleaning materials on the same table as the condiments etc., first day they were on them!!

On the first morning my wife asked for a glass of water with her breakfast. My wife got her water in a tea cup. This was after a 20 min wait for breakfast as told us they did not have a free table, ok we accepted this, things happen, but why then after 20 minutes did they take us to another dining room, why could they not have done this in the first place.

The breakfast table was of standard size, but they do not clear the table in between course, so when the main breakfast arrived we had to stack items to make enough room.

Still if nothing else it gave us a laugh, well we had to laugh or dry!

We would have given "0" stars on Travel Advisor but have to give at least "1"!

Please look at the photographs and they say it all…

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Philmike
Beckenham, Greater London
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I felt compelled to write a review on this hotel given the negative feedback I saw on this prior to arriving.

I booked a 4 night stay from Monday to Friday via UK Breakaways with my wife and 2 year old daughter. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in accommodating my daughter and prepared food we asked for her which was not always on the menu.

The hotel is very clean and the food good quality.The meals are all table service with no self service which I actually enjoyed as personally I think it avoids overindulging and unnecessary wastage of uneaten food (also allows you to be lazy by not moving!). The breakfast and dinner are set times of 0830 and 1830 which may not suit all people but worked well for us and it was not a problem if we arrived 10-15 minutes late.

The room we stayed in was very clean and modern.The cot provided for my daughter was very clean unlike some other hotels I have stayed at.

The staff were all very friendly and speak good English contrary to some of the reviews I have read.

The hotel is a little dated in places and is having some additional building work to the front of the hotel but this is not affecting the seaviews.

The car parking is also decent for a centrally located hotel.I never found any problems getting a space as many people in hotel are part of a coach party.

Evening entertainment was provided on both Tues and Weds night which was good. The beer from the bar is £3 a pint for John Smiths, Fosters, Carlsberg or Guinness.

My only criticisms would probably be the variety of food, maybe a rice or pasta dish should be offered rather than all British food. I appreciate this is all part of the great British holiday experience though! The bed was a bit creaky and a little hard but staff gave us a top up mattress which solved the issue.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and Sandown.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank civilengineer
Bradford
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room was looking out to a brick wall and a ally where staff brought supply's in and took empty bottles out in a nite the room was very hot asked the manager if he had a fan he said no and that we would not be sat in room all day he was very rude the beds were smaller than a single bed and so hard it was like sleeping on the floor only saving grace were the waiting staff would not stay there again

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Polorbearsandy
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Nice clean hotel, all rooms were well cleaned. All meals were very good and the manager went out his way to change the menu for my granddaughter who is a fussy eater. Management and staff was very helpful. Beach opposite the hotel which was very handy. Good evening entertainment. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank dennis k
Hoddesdon
Reviewed 10 August 2014

On arrival we could not believe what we had booked, the so called hotel looked like it had been bombed in a war, it looked as though no one was staying there. The reception was not maned 24hrs and trying to find a member of staff during the day was a no no. My room was not cleaned each day as stated and when it was so called cleaned my coffee cup was left full and dirty. I noticed a glass in my room with lipstick on and after the room was so called cleaned the lipstick was still on the glass. On the second day we had spent the day on the beach to come back to no hot water to shower in. My daughter and her partner were on the other side of the so called hotel and they to had no hot water. The beds were rock hard, my floor was never cleaned as from the day i got there until the day we left 3 nights my floor had sticky melted sweets on the floor. The toilet/bathroom was the smallest i have ever stayed in you could not swing a cat in it. The manager on the last night was abusive and argumentative towards us because we used a napkin from the dinning area to mop up some liquid spilt on the floor and as no member of staff was around and to stop some one from slipping we used a napkin. The manager was so rude when i asked if he was around in the morning to discuss his behaviour and actions to this evening he promised he would be. On checking out the manager was no where to be seen. I will be taking this matter further.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends