“Clean And Comfortable, But A Little Basic”
Review of Tarvic 2 Hotel

Tarvic 2 Hotel
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As my husband and i are yearly traders on the National Scooter Rally Weekend.
We don't spend a lot of time in any hotel that we stay in..
Every day we were given clean towels ,and the bed was made.
There was also hot water for us to shower early morning and late evenings.
The staff we did meet we're always polite.
I do have to say that the hotel has a wonderful marble floor leading towards the downstairs bedrooms.
The room was basic,but met our requirements

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank happy4741

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The pictures online show a completely different hotel surely! How has it passed health and safety inspections and who thought they could call it a hotel??? No lifts, no facilities for disabled people, terrible rooms (we were informed by the owner that they had recently been refurbished....huh!) No brown bread, a basic I would have thought, rock hard beds, other peoples coat hangers left behind, no hooks, or shelves in bathroom to put stuff on, windows dirty and mouldy on inside, building site outside, the list is endless........someone shut it down, please!!!

Room Tip: AVOID! Can't think there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank greatvaluedeals
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Avoid this hotel,scruffy and rundown outside, lobby and lounge areas shabby needs a lot of money spending to bring it up to date, staircases up to rooms kept clean and tidy,we were in room 207 old fashioned and basic, beds rock hard and uncomfortable.
The hotel is on Culver Parade which is the worst part of Sandown front and in my view all the hotels here should be either pulled down or made to invest some money doing them up, Sandown itself needs a lot of money investing in it as a lot of town centre needs doing up and does nothing to encourage visitors at this moment in time it should be renamed Rundown, this was our first and last visit Sorry we won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Graham D
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Came here on a travel style holiday for 4 nights. Ok the hotel is tired and needs up dating in the dining room and reception area but I found our room to be clean and pleasant. The food was nice and the waiting staff were very helpful and polite. The beds were abit hard I must admit. Over all we enjoyed our stay. If your not expecting to much from the hotel then fine. If your expecting luxury then forget it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank seekingshells
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel with friends a short time ago. Personally I think its the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Firstly the accomadation was very window over looking a side road, no cleaning the first day. the rooms were very small, mould on walls in bathroom. The food was very poor quality portion sizes tiny, no fresh ingredients most of it was either out of tin or frozen. The meal eating times were certain times at 8.30 am for breakfast not from 7am to 9am.and supper was 6.30pm only not from 7pm to 9pm. No entertainment. Overall not good

Room Tip: Don't stay at the tarvic2hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank poortarvic
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Before we booked this "hotel" we read the reviews and thought overall it looked like a good place to stay. After all the majority of them said it was either satisfactory to very good, a few said it was poor etc. Well after staying there for two nights I cannot believe the majority of the reviews were genuine after our stay in this so called "hotel"

When you arrive you are meet with a very messy front garden well it has not been touched for many a year. When you enter and make your way to the front desk there is a sign saying "if no one here please ring the front door bell" so back to the front door (not far, but why no bell on the desk?) . We arrived early and when the gentleman arrived he made it clear we had arrived early and while we could leave our case with him we would have to come back later (we arrived at approx. 10.00 for a 14.00 hrs. check in) which we did.

When we came back the first thing they asked for was the money up front, we have never been asked for the money on arrival before where ever we had stayed. We believe this was because once they have your money you have to stay there, to be honest this is true we would have left after the first night.

The "hotel" it's self is in urgent need of an a revamp (please see the photographs) holes in the ceiling in the reception and breakfast areas that we noticed. It is also not very clean. The bed was like sleeping on concrete.

On the second night we went to the bar to purchase a couple bottles of water. There were about three of us waiting to be served, the “barman / clerk / jack of all trades” just left the bar and went to check someone in left us there for 20 minutes!

Fire doors “wedged’ open (see photographs)

No electrics had been PAT tested, well there were no stickers to say they were, a legal requirement.

Fire alarm partly blocked by doorframe!!!

In the breakfast room for two days there were cleaning materials on the same table as the condiments etc., first day they were on them!!

On the first morning my wife asked for a glass of water with her breakfast. My wife got her water in a tea cup. This was after a 20 min wait for breakfast as told us they did not have a free table, ok we accepted this, things happen, but why then after 20 minutes did they take us to another dining room, why could they not have done this in the first place.

The breakfast table was of standard size, but they do not clear the table in between course, so when the main breakfast arrived we had to stack items to make enough room.

Still if nothing else it gave us a laugh, well we had to laugh or dry!

We would have given "0" stars on Travel Advisor but have to give at least "1"!

Please look at the photographs and they say it all…

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Philmike
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I felt compelled to write a review on this hotel given the negative feedback I saw on this prior to arriving.

I booked a 4 night stay from Monday to Friday via UK Breakaways with my wife and 2 year old daughter. The hotel staff could not have been more helpful in accommodating my daughter and prepared food we asked for her which was not always on the menu.

The hotel is very clean and the food good quality.The meals are all table service with no self service which I actually enjoyed as personally I think it avoids overindulging and unnecessary wastage of uneaten food (also allows you to be lazy by not moving!). The breakfast and dinner are set times of 0830 and 1830 which may not suit all people but worked well for us and it was not a problem if we arrived 10-15 minutes late.

The room we stayed in was very clean and modern.The cot provided for my daughter was very clean unlike some other hotels I have stayed at.

The staff were all very friendly and speak good English contrary to some of the reviews I have read.

The hotel is a little dated in places and is having some additional building work to the front of the hotel but this is not affecting the seaviews.

The car parking is also decent for a centrally located hotel.I never found any problems getting a space as many people in hotel are part of a coach party.

Evening entertainment was provided on both Tues and Weds night which was good. The beer from the bar is £3 a pint for John Smiths, Fosters, Carlsberg or Guinness.

My only criticisms would probably be the variety of food, maybe a rice or pasta dish should be offered rather than all British food. I appreciate this is all part of the great British holiday experience though! The bed was a bit creaky and a little hard but staff gave us a top up mattress which solved the issue.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and Sandown.

Stayed: August 2014