“Great location and staff.”
Review of Trouville Hotel

Trouville Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Perfect sea front location with sea views from our room. Great food and very attentive staff. Breakfast is table service not a help yourself buffet as most hotels are, this is much friendlier. Would definitely recommend a visit.

• Stayed: April 2014
trhotel, Manager at Trouville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay at the Trouville Hotel. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I came here in March for a social dance weekend. We all booked single rooms and arrived to find we had all been given double rooms at no extra cost. The staff were very friendly and the meals were very good and there was a nice choice. They have a secure car park just off the high street which can be approached via steps or a slightly longer walk around the road. The whole weekend was fantastic and I can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debdex1964
trhotel, Manager at Trouville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

What a great review you've given us - thank you very much! We will always upgrade our guests when possible and, fortunately, we were able to do this for you! Thank you for all of your kind comments. We hope to see you at our 2015 Social Dance Weekend.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband's dance group booked a weekend here and it turned out to be excellent. The hotel staff were great (Adam, our waiter, just made our dining experience!) - food was very acceptable, hot and promptly served, and just the right amount. Hotel looks straight over beautiful sandy beach, with sun (of shining!) the whole day - pleasant walks, or the Pier, or the town all to hand. Ballroom seemed to suit our group of 80, and some even did a Jack Vetriano trip to the beach!

Parking bit of an issue - free in road outside out of season, plus hotel carpark about 5 mins away. But this wouldn't deter me.

We would happily return and apparently our dance teachers have already. booked a return trip for next year. The hotel run their own dance weekends - ours was a privately organised visit.

Room Tip: We were third floor - (our shower wasn't very powerful) - but it was very comfortable and had th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

We're delighted that you enjoyed your dance break at the Trouville Hotel and it's great to read that you are returning in 2015.....we'll have to ensure Adam is your waiter again! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The Trouville is typical of the Isle of Wight that it is dated and a bit shabby, that being said there is obviously redecorating going on because the top floor (fourth floor) is much cleaner and fresher. The double and triple rooms face the sea with singles to the rear, and as such are kept very clean by the room ladies, it could be noisy in high season as the rooms are literally on the seafront road and with motor bikes etc!....there is also no air conditioning so could be unpleasant. The hotel has two large ballrooms, one with a sprung floor ,a pleasant bar and lounge area with reasonable bar prices.The dining room was a surprise with a good and varied menu all properly! cooked and delicious, and well served by the varied breakfast. All staff at all times were very friendly and helpful so full marks to them.Parking is a problem because the seafront has limited spaces made worse during summer season, however there is secure parking in the hotel carpark which is off the high street and with no access to hotel requires a descent of 41 concrete steps (not nice in the rain or at night), and of course its 41 steps up!! to get to the car park again.All in all a place for the odd dance week of which there are many and varied options,sequence, salsa, and as we left line dancers were arriving in force.

Room Tip: As stated on the fourth floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian t

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your honest comments. As you mention, we are continually working on improving the hotel, with paintwork, new carpets etc. We hope to have new carpet laid on the 4th floor corridor by the end of the month (April), and continue this throughout the rest of the hotel by 2015. We're glad you enjoyed the selection offered in our restaurant and you appreciated the helpfulness of the staff. We hope you enjoyed your stay and will return to the Trouville Hotel for a dancing or leisure break.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We got to the hotel and there was no parking spaces left, yet on the confirmation email it had stated that we do not need to book.
So I booked in and my partner spent almost an hour looking for a space. After few hours there was one space open in front of the hotel but we were very annoyed as it had clearly stated we would have parking (one of the reasons we booked the hotel).

The room was ok, nice view over the beach and sea. Bathroom was very dated though and even though it had been cleaned it didn't really give very clean look due it being so old.
Bed was ok and it was nice falling asleep listening the sea.

Breakfast was nothing special, yogurts tasted bit weird. Had a table right next to the windows both mornings so was very hot and sun in my eyes.
We didn't try any other food at the hotel so can't review that.

Staff was very friendly! Especially at the reception.

Wouldn't return though due to the parking issue.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
trhotel, Manager at Trouville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Trouville Hotel. I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with the parking facilities. On all of our confirmation letters, and on our website, we ask that guests contact the hotel about parking, so that we can explain that the spaces in our car park are on a first come first served basis and about the free parking along the seafront (outside the hotel). However, I believe you booked through booking.com so I will be contacting them to see what their confirmation letters states with regards to parking at our hotel.
I'm sorry that the sun was in your eyes at breakfast, there are blinds on all windows that guests are more than welcome to pull down, or if they are unsure they can ask a member of staff.
I'm glad you found the staff to be friendly, however I'm sorry we will not be seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked a single room for my 6 month old daughter and I for one night, (during a weekend visit to very elderly grandparents nearby). I found the young lady at the reception desk very welcoming and because of her I instantly had a good feeling about the place. Then when I opened the door to my room, I was so happy to see a double room with a sea view. Gorgeous! The room was clean and comfortable. In the morning at breakfast, I ordered a full vegetarian breakfast and it was delicious. They gave me a high chair for my baby. I observed the staff serving and I found them all very friendly and relaxed, as well as professional. I will definitely be returning and soon!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank SJMonteith
trhotel, Manager at Trouville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review - we were delighted to accommodate you and your daughter! We were fortunate enough to be able to offer you a sea view room and it's lovely to read how much you appreciated it. It's also nice that you have highlighted the friendliness and professionalism of the staff - they are a credit to the hotel. We look forward to you and your daughter's next stay at the Trouville Hotel.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Trouville Hotel turned out to be the perfect location to host our ballroom/latin dance weekend. The hotel is set across the road from a long sandy beach with the town behind so plenty of places to wander without getting back in the car. The ballroom is apparently the largest on the island and was ideal for the 80 of us with a large wooden dance floor, bar and plenty of tables and chairs.The rooms are clean and functional and most have beautiful sea views. The service in the bar and restaurant was excellent and our waiter (sorry I don't know your name) kept us entertained with his cheeky banter. The menu is slightly retro, but the food is tasty and plentiful. Overall the hotel has that wonderful quirkiness you only get in English seaside resorts and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We're already trying to persuade our dance teachers to make this an annual event !

Room Tip: A seaview is a must and we enjoyed the peace of the third floor. However, the room did get hot with...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank The-Actuallys

We were delighted to read your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed the Social Dance weekend, and even more pleased that you decided to share your positive views with everyone else - thank you very much! I'm glad Adam kept you entertained - I will let him know. We hope you have good persuasion skills and have managed to convince your teacher to book for next year. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Wight
Melville Hall Hotel
Melville Hall Hotel
#1 of 29 in Sandown
Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel

Been to Trouville Hotel? Share your experiences!