“Fab hotel”

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Wales
“Fab hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Fab clean rooms clean sheets and towels food was lovely people that moan all the time should stay at home your on holiday not moving in to live when on holiday you should out and about if you stay in your room I wouldn't bother coming away you can do that at home

2 Thank Cliowales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
ebbw vale
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Stayed at the channel view as part of a coach trip in july .on arrival coach was helped to be unloaded and all cases teken to ou rooms. staff realy friendly and polite .Alex our waiter was fantistic and did stop also kept as in fits of laughter .Fodd was very nice Great choice on menu evry night. would deffinetly stay ther again .rooms very clean and included tea/coffee making facilities and a hair dryer.
keran and mike

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank keran c
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Just returned from a 6 night stay at this hotel and found the owners and our waiter Alex most friendly and helpful. I had my mother, niece and nephews with me and they were most obliging with the childrens "picky eating"! Menu was varied and food great! Rooms were clean, beds made and towels changed and evenings entertainment very good. We would definitely return. Thanks for Dominic's pop and crisps. Very kind of you. Clair (Auntie), Birmingham. XX

1 Thank Clairmusticone
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just got back from a 4 day holiday with leisure time. On arrival no welcome just given your keys. Hotel was clean staff were friendly and helpful. Roo. S are quite small with tiny showers. Our only moan was we were on. Ground floor. Views of my sisters room no 51 were absolutely disgusting. There was all sorts of things on floor mattresses old suitcases bags of rubbish. All she could see was rubbish. Opp her Windows was a concrete shed which we were appalled to discover our waitress sleeping In . with an extension lead running to it for electric Couldn't believe what we were seeing. The waitress was our waitress who was lovely she was either polish or Czech and she didn't stop. She worked her socks off. All in all good holiday. Would stay again but whatever you do under no circumstances stay in rm 51. P's good entertainment

3 Thank Lorrainewookcock
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed for 4 nights as part of a coach trip. The food was very spicy, I dont know how different you can cook a cottage pie, but being brought up in this country with tradition food the cottage pie served to me was something other than a cottage pie. The steamed cod was terrible, ive not seen a smaller piece of cod in my travels and I couldnt identify the soup served on the first night, words defeat me! Crockery was clean. Breakfast was good, I asked for an extra egg and thats what I got (good). All in all, I wouldnt stay here again just because of the food, DEAR ME if an english dish is cooked then use an english recipe! The room we were given was just OK but! how can hotels expect you to shower in a shower that measures only just over 2foot square, the best of that was that the shower cubicle was brand new. Compliment coffee's good. Room service was very poor I had to seek my own loo roll from the reception because they hadnt been replaced and a towel hadnt been replaced when the dirty one was taken away. I witnessed a waitress in the restaurant serving food, turning round, sneezing into her hands and then promptly picking up someones plate for the main course without any wiping of her nose/hands whatever, what did I think seeing that? HELP!! But may I say that our waitress (Polish/Cech) was fantastic ( I am really sorry but I didnt get your name!). The Island was as expected - fantastic. Alum bay is a must see.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank M S

Travellers are raving about these Sandown hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013

came to the hotel over the bank holiday had real nice time the staff was very friendly food was great. Had live entertainment singers that preformed oldies music had great show at the end of the holiday showing clips of oldies music clips on big screen first time to isle of wight had real nice time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank tony r
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Not the best hotel....but for the price paid it was ok. Meals were fine, no problems, our waitress Charlie was very helpful and obliging. Rooms a bit shabby and dated, need a facelift, however this did not spoil my holiday. Bed linen and towels very clean. Peter our driver was excellent- knows everything about the IOW. Met some lovely people on the coach. An enjoyable time, weather brilliant which makes a difference!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank denise g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Channel View Hotel
#13 of 29 in Sandown
Trouville Hotel
Trouville Hotel
#4 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Channel View Hotel? Share your experiences!