“Clean and welcoming”

Ranked #6 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Hertfordshire, Uk
“Clean and welcoming”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent a w/e walking the south coast of the IoW and was based in Sandown.
I always prefer to stay in B&Bs and managed - by chance - to find the Inglewood.
It turned out to be perfect for my needs. centrally based is very closed to the seafront, shops, restaurants and buses.
My room was very clean and so was the washing facilities.
The Owner was very welcoming and helpful in giving useful information on where to eat and how to get to him from the ferry in Ryde (bus stops few steps away from the B&B front door).
Perfect for my needs.

Room Tip: don't have a room at the front if you are used to quiet country lanes and have a light sleep as...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent a week end walking in the IoW, and was based in Sandown.
Although not advertised a lot ( not on the usual websites when you look for B&Bs) I was lucky and I managed to find this one by chance.
It is a very clean place and it fitted perfectly with my needs.
Situated very close to the shorefront and to shops, restaurants and bus routes it was the perfect base for my three days walking.
The owner was very welcoming (especially as I arrived very late on a Friday eve due to delays in London) and helpful in giving me suggestions of where to eat.

Room Tip: If you are used to quiet country lanes and/or have a light sleep, make sure you don't get a room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Liverpool
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have stayed at the Inglewood on 2 occasions, the last being from 23rd to 30th July 2012, and on both occasions have found the accommodation very satisfactory. Jeff & Theresa are a very warm and friendly host and hostess. The food is excellent, and the rooms well kept. The only thing about my last visit was that there had been a family bereavement, and no evening meals were available. However, I received a partial refund to compensate for this, and my room was upgraded from a single to a double en-suite. I would recommend this establishment to anyone. The location is within close proximity to the High Street shops and beach and just around the corner from a bus stop into Ryde.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James22Liverpool
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I would not stay here again or recommend this B & B, the place is very dated like anold peoples home but clean. There was a funny smell in our bedroom, when I turned over to face the wall it was down the side of my single bed, maybe damp, we could not swing a cat in this room, we had to go out and buy new towels as the ones in our room were so hard, sand paper would be softer and very grey, we paid £7.00 for bath sheets they should do the same, our beds were never made just the duvet pulled up, the sheets and pillows just left, we had to wash the kettle out as there was hair at the bottom, the electic equipment had testing dates on it from 2002 and had not been tested since, the food was the cheapest beans you could buy and the bread, I asked for scrambled egg one morning, its was over cooked in the microwave and was like rubber, the coffee was awful cheap and nasty, the only good side, the couple running it are very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PatForrest
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I can't understand the last person to review Inglewood in Sandown, as I was there for a week in July 2011 with my wife and 16 year old daughter we had a very enjoyable time.
The rooms were comfortable and clean the food was very enjoyable and plentiful.
Jeff & Theresa could not have been more polite and helpful. If we decide to go back to the Isle of Wight we would definitly rebook at Inglewood.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeff190784
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Me and my husband stayed in this b&b for 2 nights and believe me this is worst b&b i have ever seen. we were given the double bedroom and the moment i entered in the room there was a foul smell like the room was never opened earlier. Bedsheet were smelling as it was used over and over, also the towels were old.
We spent the first night and left the room in the morning thinking of tht the lady will clean the rooms, but when we came back, the room was still smelling and then when i entered the bathroom i was shocked......... she didnt even changed the towels. The towels were still wet and smelling and when i asked her to change the towels the lady give me weird look like i have asked for something special.
I am sorry but i wont recommend this b&b to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple