“A quality B&B with the comforts of home”
Review of The Westfield

The Westfield
The Westfield
Ranked #4 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a superb week we had. To start the day a fantastic breakfast which actually saw us through to an early dinner. The owners were very welcoming and friendly. We could not fault the room or the hospitality. Refreshments, with fresh milk were available daily and the nibbles for the times when you felt a little peckish, a thoughtful and welcoming addition. If you want a quality stay I highly recommend this B&B. Definitely, a 10 out of 10. Very happy.

Room Tip: I can only comment on our room, which was superb, comfortable and would stay in that room again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My second stay here and still one of the best. It is an old house with modern bedrooms so a little quirky but you can't fault the excellent breakfast, both hot and cold great selection, and the friendliness of the owners. Near to all of the amenities of Sandown. Remember though no children here due to safety regs.

Room Tip: I was in room 5 which is a superior single or small double, if 2 people using I suspect it would be...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A lovely B&B, perfect for a short stay at the IOW. The staff were exceptionally friendly, welcoming and helpful with whatever you required. The games room is perfect to entertain your evenings and the cooked breakfasts each morning were delicious! Just a short walk from Sandown town and beach too with free parking at the B&B. Rooms were always clean and with good facilities e.g. mini fridge. Would definitely recommend to others and come back ourselves again, thank you!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have just returned from a four night stay at The Westfield. We were completely satisfied with quality of service, the sumptuous breakfasts, the friendly welcome (with helpful advice) and the spacious, clean and comfortable room. A particularly nice touch was the fridge in our room with daily replenished fresh milk. I would heartily recommend The Westfield in every respect.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed in the four poster bed room with my partner for the weekend. The room is beautiful! Was a bit worried as we booked it for the spa bath, but looked small in the photos. However it was a nice size and the room it's self was huge! Lovely little sofa area under the window with a massive TV on the wall with tea & coffee facilities next to it. Bed was huge and so so so comfy! Was lovely to have a mini fridge with fresh milk each morning and bottled water! Although both us beig heavy sleepers the smell of a cooked breakfast each morning woke us both up, and breakfast was amazing! The couple who run it (I'm so sorry I've forgotten your names!) made the stay awesome too, spent Friday night hanging with them and playing pool (on the free pool table they have!) and where so lovely! Thank you so much for making it such a great weekend, I would most defainty recommend this place to anyone and will be returning in the future for more weekends! :)

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here recently with my parents and we all loved this friendly famly owned B&B. The rooms were clean, spacious well decorated and maintained. We also loved that each room had a fridge supplied with fresh milk and snacks were provided beyond the normal tea & coffee.

I had booked a single room and was delighted to find that it had a 4ft bed and the room was the perfect size for one person, my parents were in a standard double but again this was spacious enough for their requirements. They had a slight problem with their bathroom door but this was fixed immediately when they mentioned it to the owner.

The family themselves were very friendly and helpful and had lots of good recommendations about places to go, they also have a handy restaurant review box where previous customers have left reviews of restaurants in the local area which came in useful.

In short this b&b is highly recommended and we will def' try to stay again when we next visit the Isle of Wight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked here through Trip advisor's link having read some recent good reviews, but they were 4th or 5th I think at that time . Now I see they are number one. I cant imagine a friendlier B&B. All the family are always ready with a chat and give advice on where to go & what to see. We rented bikes locally & they gave us maps to the best rides. Their restaurant box gave us great advice for dinner & we could not eat lunch after the fantastic breakfast cooked by Jodie and served by her husband Barry (the host) The room was a little small but I believe they have bigger Barry said when we go back he'd upgrade us to a bigger one at the same price. There was real coffee as part of the amenity's in the room & a fridge with real milk & mineral water. The shower was new, glass & chrome with Shampoo etc to hand from a wall dispenser. Such good ideas. I also see you are one of best value B&B's in the area. We will be back soon & bring friends to experience your hospitality. Great car park to. Keep it up Number one.

Room Tip: I think I will phone to get the best deal and advice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Royal Hotel
#35 of 51 in Shanklin
Sandhill Hotel
Sandhill Hotel
#20 of 29 in Sandown

Been to The Westfield? Share your experiences!