All reviews jacuzzi bath bottled water mini fridge games room ceiling fan isle of wight excellent bed and breakfast owners were friendly a family run business set us up for the day very comfortable stay b and b barry toffees cafetiere island dispenser
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We enjoyed our three-night stay. Our room was very clean with a superb walk-in shower. Having a fridge to keep bottled water in was wonderful as the weather was so hot, we needed to take water out will us. The room's ceiling fan was very welcome and was definitely needed for our stay. And a great cooked breakfast set us up for the day. The Westfield is run by friendly staff and is very conveniently situated with the station and bus stops close by,

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Nice little room that was comfy and clean. It’s a cheap hotel so the room decor reflects this.
However room ten is directly above the kitchen and from 8-10am the owners banged about continuously slamming doors. I went for breakfast, which was very nice and had a polite word with the staff about the problem. They said they would keep the noise down yet for the next 2 mornings the banging still woke me as t was so loud.
Either fit some soft close hinges or stop booking the room out would be my answer.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
westfieldbb, Owner at The Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi Paul Sorry to hear about you being disturbed. I asked my wife & daughter about this and discovered the noise was mainly from the ladies from Guatemala in room 9. We had a language barrier right from the outset with them, They even tried to check in at 6.30 am and were very noisy. I am not saying non of the noise was breakfast preparations but it most definitely was not all of it. Any way I don't think you would have found anywhere quieter over the Isle of Wight Festival Weekend even though we were full. Most of our residents didn't come down for breakfast as they were sleeping. Soft close hinges are not possible as Fire precautions dictate a firm close & I have never had a complaint about room 10 before. Room 8 & 9 are over the kitchen. Thanks for saying we have a nice Hotel. Barry

Reviewed 16 November 2017

we booked a room with 4 poster bed and jacuzzi bath. On arrival we were greated by the owner and show to ourroom which felt a little dark but was lovely and clean. There was the best choice of teas and coffees that we have ever seen!
Sandown centre was a level walk of around 10 minutes and there was a free car park at the Westfield.
Barry the owner was very knowledgeable about the Island if you have never visited before,

Recommended

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sallt J
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We booked the superior room with the 5' bed as my partner and I are tall and are used to having a large bed. Superior it was, too ... plenty of room, a large flat-screen TV on a wall mount, fresh milk for the tea and coffee in the mini-fridge tucked away in the wardrobe (A nice touch). Best of all, a killer Full English breakfast each morning with exceptionally tasty sausages.

The property itself is within easy reach of Sandown esplanade (10 minutes walk at most) and its seafront restaurants as well as a short drive from Shanklin, Ventnor and Ryde.

Heisenberg (one of the resident cats) also put in an appearance outside in the driveway to say hello. A little wary at first but he soon worked out I wasn't a danger and got the tail-up-you-may-now-scratch-my-head treatment, which he quite enjoyed. Don't expect to see any of them inside the hotel premises, though (house rules).

Definitely worth a stay if you're visiting the Isle of Wight.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The Westfield is my favorite place to stay on the Isle of Wight. So much so that we've just booked again for the third year in a row! We stayed last year and the year before. We were impressed with our rooms last times we stayed- full of nice little touches. Our favourite thing about this B&B is how friendly the owners are. We are always very well looked after and we love the sociable atmosphere during breakfast.

Looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple