“Great Value For Money”

Bay Broadway Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

Just back from what was a great weekend break with shearings everything thing was good hotel was clean and warm staff so very attentive and friendly food good Marta our waitress was a Treasure quick and friendly ,All coach drivers were pleasant and helpful On the IOW STEVE our(BUS DRIVER hi Steve lol) was excellent on our two trips out even coping with trying to manoever on a crowded car park at the hotel he was an informed tour guide we enjoyed the hotel broadway park iow the island was much better than we thought ferry crossing good all on coach were friendly and made new friends ken&dor room 132

2  Thank Cripsteam
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and all the staff made you feel so welcome.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just returned from a weekend coach trip to this hotel, and in my opinion it offers really good value for money. Starting with the restaurant, the variety on the menu was good, food was hot and well cooked, service was excellent, our waitress Marta was very attentive and quick.
The entertainment was some of the best hotel entertainment I've had, the first night we had Simon Howard, a comedian/singer who was on stage for 3 hours and had us laughing the whole time. The second night we had a dancer/dance teacher, who entertained us with quiz, bingo and a dance act, very different but also enjoyable. Sunday nights are quieter nights where they just have background music, but plenty of games to play if you're bored. My hotel room had no central heating but a plug in radiator that kept us very warm, a hairdryer, plenty of coffee and tea that was replaced daily, the bed was very comfortable, plenty of storage, only drawback was no shower over the bath, and no coffee table but I know some rooms do have these so just luck of the draw really. The communal areas are very comfortable, a little bit chilly at times, but that was down to the weather being so cold. The coach journey there and back and the ferry crossing were great. The 'bus' driver Steve (hi Steve lol) was very well informed and had a good sense of humour, we had fun on the trips out. We were supposed to see Ryde on Sunday but there was nothing open when we got there, so he turned round and took us to Newport instead. Check in and out of hotel were swift and friendly. Overall I would recommend this hotel and will also be travelling with Shearings again at some point in the future. If I was to make a criticism at all, it would be about the size of the carpark, it was very difficult if not impossible to turn a coach around, they really need to think about where cars are parked. On 2 occasions the whole coach broke out in applause when he managed to get us out!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann48

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, I shall pass all your comments on to all the staff. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 days on a Shearings trip. Our room looked clean if a bit tired and had everything we could want, even a hair dryer, needn"t have taken mine if I had known. But the bed was very very hard, we could not sleep. In the morning we looked under the sheet to find someone had put a blanket on the mattress to try to help but it didn"t. We went to reception and told them and immedately were given another room, which was fine. The food was good, (can tell by how tight my trousers are) and our waiter was very efficient The building is an old mansion house and still has some of the old features which we thought was great. Our coach driver Ian was very knowledgeable about the area, and the trips were good. On the free day we walked down towards the sea front, and got the bus, £10 for all day ticket and you can go where you like all day and night, brilliant. When we got back in the afternoon we found a lovely cafe on the high street, newly opened called The Fresh Coffee House, we had a beautiful cappuccino and sandwiches, all freshly made, this place is worth a try. The only thing I can complain about is the waiter we had when our waiter was off one evening for a hospital appointment, he was terrible, picked cups up with his fingers inside them, wiped tables with a dirty looking damp cloth then with the dry cloth he used to carry food out with, I could go on but you get hte idea, he needs some hygiene training. All other staff were polite, efficent, and friendly. This was my first time on The Isle of Wight and will not be my last.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scaleytrout
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your reveiw, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, I shall pass your comments onto the staff.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Just back from 4 day break with Shearings. What a fabulous break! Shearings are very professional and from the moment you hand your luggage over to them your holiday begins. Everything is so well done. This particular hotel is second to none and is worth far above what you pay. From when we arrived we couldn't fault any part of it. It is a beautiful hotel inside and out very spacious. Our room was recently refurbished and was a family room with a single bed and double bed. It was superb! From listening to other guests we were told by some their rooms were more basic but clean and more than adequate. It was the luck of the draw but no one could complain pound for pound you couldn't get better value. We did try to book another hotel for Easter but the price including extra discount was more than the online price so was suprised at that and declined to book. Be sure to check online late deals before booking at hotel! As for food no complaints from us! Can't please everyone but something for everyone and we were well pleased!!!!! Really enjoyed ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Fishbourne. Would suggest getting bus to get around £10 Rover ticket and you can get off and on anytime in 24 hours (all night buses) . We went to Shanklin Ventnor Godshill Newport and to Cowes. Our highlights were the Old Shankln Village Godshill and Cowes! We will definetely be back and to this wonderful hotel!

2  Thank Carole C

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and everyone looked after you so well. Thank You.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Just got back from a shortbreak with my boyfriend. it was really enjoyable,the staff were very friendly and helpful especially on reception. food lovely and a very relaxed atmosphere. going to book again for the summer!

1  Thank galvin80

Thank you for your reveiw I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great holiday with my two sisters and nephew and neice. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, the hotel is a little bit dated in parts but the service from everyone was excellent, Our waiter "Martin" and waitress " Marta" were excellent. The whole holiday was great.

We changed driver at Warwick and our driver was named "Steve", he was fantastic, very knowledgeable about the island. He was a excellent driver, considerate and charming. He got on well with every person on this trip and there were 38 people on his coach. Well done Steve and thank you for making our trips so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307 and I would say that although the room was good, the water supply was not. We...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SLC17621
gmbroadwaypark, General Manager at Bay Broadway Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for posting your reveiw. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and all the staff looked after you so well.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Travelled from manchester to sandown via coach, and I must admit I wasn't looking forward to the journey but can say I was pleasantly surprised, the shearings coach was comfortable,and the trip was well planned, arriving at the hotel we found the reception staff helpful and considering that there was 38 of us to check in this was done efficiently by the hotel staff. The hotel is an old mansion, and as expected I found it to be old with many of the original features still in place, lots of nooks & crannies and full of character, but on the whole a nice clean comfortable hotel. There was 10 of us in our party and the hotel staff managed to seat us all together for our meals, the dining room staff were very efficient when serving our meals, nothing was too much trouble for them, (well done staff) there was always a good choice of meals and considering I am a fussy eater I found the food to be lovely. As it had been snowing and a planned excursion had to be postponed due to the weather, the driver Steve kept us well informed about the new arrangements for the trip, I found the driver of the coach to be helpful and very knowledgeable about the island, the trips that he took us on was a pleasant experience, overall I found him to be a nice chatty person, this is the first time I have travelled with Shearings and found the whole experience very relaxing. Would certainly travel with them in the future.

Room Tip: Room 215 is at the end of a corridor, nice and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank jan1965_9

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everyone looked after you so well, we look forward to seeing you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Wight
#9 of 29 in Sandown
The Clifton
The Clifton
#3 of 51 in Shanklin

Been to Bay Broadway Park Hotel? Share your experiences!