“"Food, glorious food" as the song goes.”
Review of Bellamy's Bistro

Bellamy's Bistro
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Sandown
Price range: US$6 - US$77
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a popular 'Bistro'. We open from 10:00 in the morning, closing at 2.30, we re-open for the evening at 5.30 last orders at 8.30 in the evening, during the summer. Our opening times vary with the seasons. We are small and friendly, having the capacity for 32 covers. Our food is cooked in our own kitchen by 2 very good chefs. We use fresh ingredients and locally produced Beef, Lamb and free-range eggs from a local farm. Lobster and Crab from local fishermen. We try our best to deliver great food, attentive service, pleasant atmosphere, and an enjoyable dining, experience all at good value.
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“"Food, glorious food" as the song goes.”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just back from our week on the Island. We started with the Sunday roast which was perfect and you can opt for large or small too. Went back mid-week for lunch and found that the home made lasagne and the home made steak and kidney pie were mouth watering. On a farewell visit for this year on our last night the home made chicken and mushroom pie and the home made cottage pie could not be beaten. The menu is so comprehensive (e.g. from pasta dishes to seafood specialities) there must always be something there to please everyone. And by the way, yes, it is licensed of course. All their pricing is perfectly acceptable and realistic in this day and age. Just wish we could go back every week! Nice atmosphere with lovely background music - we enjoyed playing spot the tune / singer. Service was top rate and Simon and Yvonne made you feel at home from the minute you walked in. They are brilliant with children and there's an extensive menu for them, in addition to the crayons and drawing paper, NOT to eat but to keep them happy. We have been taking self-catering holidays on the Island for the last ten years or more, so have eaten in many, many good pubs and restaurants, but none better than this one. It is so popular with the locals, as well as visitors, that you will very often need to book, especially in the evening. So we've already "booked" for August 2014.

1 Thank Tony36

Nottingham, UK
“Fab place to go.”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Don't expect a fancy upmarket bistro....it isn't but my friend and I loved it. Great 60's music in the background. A real comfortable feel to the place, so welcoming and great staff. The food is unpretentious and sensible portions and they are very flexible if you want to change something slightly. My lobster was beautiful and my friend's lamb shank so tasty. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Yvonne B, Owner at Bellamy's Bistro, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
I’m so sorry it has taken me a while to catch up with responses to reviews but I’m doing my best to answer all.
Nottinghamshire
“Brilliant Evening”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Had a fantastic evening meal at Bellamy's and was spoilt for choice with the extensive menu. Staff very friendly and background music very good. Would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
Yvonne B, Owner at Bellamy's Bistro, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
I'm truly enjoying reading all these reviews again :)
Yvonne Simon and The Team 
“Fantastic birthday meal !!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I loved this I will let my pictures do all the talking. . It was my birthday and it was fantastic and the food and staff were very nice! !

Yvonne B, Owner at Bellamy's Bistro, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
Glad you enjoyed your Birthday with us.
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Husband had lasagne and I had beef burger. All home made and taste great. Service excellent and friendly.

Visited August 2013