“last night treat”

Price range: US$7 - US$111
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a popular 'Bistro'. We open from 10:00 in the morning, closing at 2.30, we re-open for the evening at 5.30 last orders at 8.30 in the evening, during the summer. Our opening times vary with the seasons. We are small and friendly, having the capacity for 32 covers. Our food is cooked in our own kitchen by 2 very good chefs. We use fresh ingredients and locally produced Beef, Lamb and free-range eggs from a local farm. Lobster and Crab from local fishermen. We try our best to deliver great food, attentive service, pleasant atmosphere, and an enjoyable dining, experience all at good value. Last orders 15 mins before closing time. However, there is no rush for evening diners to leave the the Bistro we will happily continue to serve drinks and desserts to diners already with us.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

we had tried to walk in a couple of times but this place is so popular they couldnt fit us in, but they did try. We booked for our final night and it was brilliant.

The sea food, pasta even the chicken was lovely, well worth the wait and the staff were great !!

Yvonne B, Owner at Bellamy's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, as you say we are a a busy little place and booking is a good idea this time of year. We hope we'll see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Eat here as the Melville Hotel, where I was staying, would not find me room in their restaurant. Was more than pleasantly surprised. Small, and friendly. The food was excellent, service just right, prices good. So pleased, ignored the hotel restaurant the next night, and returned to Bellamy.
Had the sea bass both nights, and the second night, green lipped mussels as a starter - really nice.
Only thing you need to do is book - many people were being turned away as they were full.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at Bellamy's, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We hope we see you both again next time you visit the Island.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

It is east to see why this place is so good, menu choices are vast and really tasty. The specials board was full of great dishes and some great one liners! These type of family run independent restaurants are the backbone of this country and deserve credit where its due - I cannot rate this place highly enough! Go there and have the best meal you will ever have - I cannot remember the last time I actually enjoyed the food so much! I loved it.

Thank you so much for such a lovely review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time at Bellamy's. We hope we'll see you again.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I called at 5.30pm on the off chance they just managed to book us in (I later whilst eating saw over 20 turned away. The staff were most helpful, and polite without being in your face. We were a party 0f 4 we all had different starters and enjoyed them thoroughly they were good sized portions well presented. Again for the main course we had separate items again all of which were well presented ,delicious and filling. For desert only 2 of us could manage this course both having Key lime pie, again delicious and a good sized portion however it was not key lime pie which is my favourite. It in no way detracted from the meal in fact we booked there and then for the following night.
I had prawn cocktail, my father in law pate, both very good. for mains Lamb cutlets (spot on), lamb shank (spot on) and 2 of us the surf and turf. (faultless). I couldn't manage desert my wife had the bread and butter pudding (the best she has ever had) Overall excellent staff, wonderful food and a great atmosphere and next ime I am in the area I will return.

Yvonne B, Owner at Bellamy's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. As you say we are a small busy little Bistro, especially during the summer months. Next week we have the scooters arriving to the island, So booking is a good idea to avoid disappointment. We are so pleased you enjoyed your meals with us and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Bellamy's for a family meal. Instantly we were met with a very friendly lady who made us feel at ease. The décor is lovely so many little trinkets and things to enjoy. The food was beautiful and very filling, my 8 year old daughter devoured her spaghetti bolognese, I had the king prawn and chorizo linguine and my partner has the cheeseburger we were all very happy with our meals. The staff were very accomodating but didn't hover around. The desserts were the highlight my daughter and partner had the trifle and I had the key lime pie, absolutely delicious! We were very surprised when we got the bill under £50. A definite little treasure we will be returning too next year!

1  Thank Tara P

Thank you for such a lovely review, we look forward to seeing you next year. We always feel pleased to know time at Bellamy's has been enjoyed.