“Delightful”

Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Sandown
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ocean Deck Bar & Restaurant is set on Sandown Bay. Boasting panoramic coastal views across the Channel it is the perfect place to eat, drink and relax. The Ocean Deck focuses on good, unpretentious, traditional food, using the freshest ingredients, sourced as close to home as possible. Whether you choose a three-course meal, a sandwich, an ice-cold beer or a bottle of wine to enjoy out on the decking, a friendly welcome will always greet you at this family run, chic-nautical themed bar and restaurant.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great food & great value. Lovely sea view. Staff really friendly. A delightful place to eat and people watch.

There are newer reviews for The Ocean Deck Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Slightly disappointed as had to wait to be served due to staff putting away "china" I said could I not place my food order he said that it was in the way of customers which I pointed out there were not any he relented Don't know what but I have had a poorly stomach since Friday lunchtime ! Maybe he did not like my comment !

Hayley S, Owner at The Ocean Deck Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am absolutely mortified to read this. I am so sorry you were spoken to like this. This is not how our staff are trained to speak to our customers and is completely unacceptable.

Would you be kind enough to call me at your earliest convenience so that I can rectify this matter within the team as soon as soon as possible. Tel. 01983 403960.

Sincerest apologies....Hayley

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great food, staff, and view. the only down side for us if you are in a wheelchair it has a slope to get to the restaurant deck but if you want to eat in there is no level access you need to take your own slope.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

we really enjoyed our meal with you on saturday night, our waitress was so much fun, her recommendations were spot on, and the banter with her was amazing. the food was excellent and good value for money which is what most people will want to know about. we had fish, lamb, linguine and beef and all of it was perfect. six satisfied customers.

1  Thank tinajb22
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After 9 days in different restaurants on the island, Ocean Deck is our favourite one. My seafood pasta was really good, sauce tasted close to bouillabaisse and pasta was perfectly al dente. My wife had grilled halloumi and vegetables and she was also very impressed. Kids' menu seemed to be pretty basic but they also liked a lot.

We started with shared plate of vegetables and cheese. Really good choice, blue cheese very strong and all veggies fresh and tasty.

I can really recommend this place. Some complanings here about the service and maybe for a reason but the food is among the best that IoW can offer.