“Could be better”

Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Sandown
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Ocean Deck Bar & Restaurant is set on Sandown Bay. Boasting panoramic coastal views across the Channel it is the perfect place to eat, drink and relax. The Ocean Deck focuses on good, unpretentious, traditional food, using the freshest ingredients, sourced as close to home as possible. Whether you choose a three-course meal, a sandwich, an ice-cold beer or a bottle of wine to enjoy out on the decking, a friendly welcome will always greet you at this family run, chic-nautical themed bar and restaurant.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited the Ocean Deck one sunny lunch time and had a table outside on the terrace, so lovely to see you can take well behaved dogs here which we did. I ordered a vegetarian meal with new potatoes, which I cannot fault, but my husband ordered half a crab with salad and potatoes, there was hardly any meat on the crab at all and was very disappointed that there was not a claw, which is the best part of the lobster. Surely if you are having half a crab you would expect a claw as well? Overall, I would be back as the staff were courteous and there is a good selection of vegetarian meals on the menu. Great views overlooking the sea.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

went here for my husbands birthday, good service, nice place to eat.good value for money and we was all pleased with our orders, nice friendly staff and a great location,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Visited for an evening drink whilst on holiday in Sandown. There was a good choice of drinks and we were served promptly. Sat on the outside decking area and had the lovely sea views. We didn't eat here but the food looked good and people there who were eating seemed to be enjoying their food.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were recommended The Ocean Deck by friends. We sat outside enjoying the view of the beach. We endured in a few bottles of Prosseco, a Seafood Platter, Linguini & Scampi. I enjoyed my Linguini but my friends didn't rate the Platter at all, they thought it was over priced for the content. The service was poor, empty plates, bottles and glasses must have stayed on our table throughout the duration we were there. We had to keep getting cutlery inside at the bar each time we had a course which was a pain when surely waiters could have bought with our meals. For the first time I refused to 'tip' as the service wasn't worthy.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I took my dad here for fathers day but on the saturday as I knew sundays are hard to get in places. We chose here as its under new owners and he was the chef that did my wedding breakfast, so I know how yummy his food is, he did not disappoint. I had the homemade fish finger bap, it was amazing, fresh white fish coated in homemade yummy batter every bite was like a party in my mouth. My dad had the same and was extremely satisfied. My mum has the homemade whitebait, she said its the best shes ever tasted. Lovely friendly service. Would definately go there again and recommend to a friends.