“Nice Sardines”

Ranked #48 of 58 Restaurants in Sandown
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We went to the Isle of Wight at the Easter holidays and spent one day on the beach at Sandown with the kids.

Sundown beach for me isn't the nicest beach in the island, but we did find this quite nice little restaurant and bar right on the esplanade by the beach.

It's not somewhere I think I would dine at night, but it was fine for lunch - it struck me they were trying to invoke a bit of an Ozzie / Ibiza beach bar feel, I'm not sure you can pull it off in the isle of Wight!

That being said, the meal we had was pretty good - in particular the fresh grilled sardines I had.
Personally, I would like to see table service, rather than having to queue at the bar to place your order, but all in all not bad.

1  Thank MJH1