Arrived on park and in reception was met by a woman who did not have much to say. After a few minutes standing there she looked up and stared until I had to say "I'm here to check in". Walked to the caravan, went inside and was appalled by what we saw. I am used to 'roughing it' in caravanning and camping but this was worse than anything I have experienced before, and can I say that the friends I stayed with were disgusted.
1. Pubic hair on the toilet seat and in the wardrobe
2. Unused sanitary towel under bed
3. Stains on lounge carpet
4. Stains on ceiling
5. Curtains that didn't fit windows properly
6. Outside light not working properly
7. Freezing cold for most of day
8. Temperamental hot water from shower
Unfortunately we lost the feedback form which they give out upon arrival so when I went to check out I had the intention of making our thoughts known. However, nobody was there, only a bucket that said "Check-Outs. Please leave your keys in the bucket. Thank You"
We didn't go in the club house as we could hear enough from our caravan to know the entertainment was bad.
Upon packing the car on our departure, we overheard others complaining about the quality and state of their caravans.
Would not recommend this site. Thought was good value for money due to time of year but not for what we received as our accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairway Holiday Park is situated in Sandown, on the beautiful Isle of Wight. The island itself is acknowledged as being one of the sunniest places in Britain with magnificent beaches and breathtaking scenery - the ideal setting for a carefree, relaxing holiday. For those of you who enjoy the beach, Sandown Bay is only a 25 minutes walk away. The bay boasts one of the most glorious beaches on the island and is ideal for children. No matter how you spend your holiday, Fairway Holiday Park will make it one of your best, with plenty to do and to see on this fabulous island. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Fairway Holiday Park Sandown, Isle Of Wight