“wow !!a fantastic evening for my sons 21st birthday!!”
Review of Yarbridge Inn

Yarbridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Sandown
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We our a cosy little Pub/Restaurant that serves good wholesome traditional pub grub. Local produce is key to our cooking and use it where ever possible. We cater for all kinds of dietary requirements so just ask one of our friendly members of staff who will advise on our options. Although it says in our description 'Vegan options' we do not offer as many choices as the heading would lead you to believe. It is something I have tried to change but in vain. We do our best to cater for all so if you are Vegan please say when booking and we can discuss with you our options or create something for you if given enough time. We do love your furry four legged friends but when booking it is important to mention it to us so we can seat you accordingly. Unfortunately we are very small so our toilets do not have baby change facilities and it would also be tricky to get a wheelchair in them. Apart from the toilets we are great for wheelchair access with tarmac car pack and no steps to negotiate on entering if sat in our top restaurant. Jane, Richard, Becky and the team look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We ate here last and had a lovely meal as always. The service is always impeccable and the food superb. Stand out dishes were the pork in cider sauce and the duck off the main menu. All the food was nice though. The desserts were to die for and will definitely eat here again in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Tasty, high quality food which was freshly cooked, piping hot and value for money. Excellent service from friendly, attentive owners and staff. As a party of 6 (some of which are quite fussy) not one of us could fault this meal and it highlights how sub-standard many other places are. I would recommend the Yarnbridge Inn to everyone, but probably best to book in advance as it is obviously very popular to those that know about it. One word of advice if you go for the mega mixed grill lay off of the starters! :) we will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The best meal I have had in the ten years I have lived on the island. Only downside service was slow and lengthy wait after mains before pudding. But the food far out ways the wait. Meal for six all food was absolutely terrific. If your looking for good quality, well presented, well cooked not over pretentious food this is the place. Perfect for family and friends. I could describe each dish but a breakdown is Chicken and brie pie perfect. Lamb Shank for the father in law who always has an opinion on his meals. Well the opinion was it was perfect. Desserts Sponge pudding light and enough for 2. Will be visiting again very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ordered the duck my partner the lamb shank.
Duck came with a very nice sauce but I felt the duck was over cooked. i do like my food meduim rare. But was not given a option. Unfortunatley we waited an hour from ordering to getting the meal, and also my partner had asked for new potatoes instead of mash. But they replaced my dauphinoise potatoes instead. Could be a lot better with a bit more attention to detail.

1  Thank MayaRed
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent food, good service and although not cheap, great value for money.

The food was beautifully presented. Piping hot and excellent quality with generous portions. Comfortable chairs and even a cloth napkin. Add to that a pitcher of iced water with a lemon slice and you get the impression this really is a service orientated establishment.

Recommended.