“Disappointed with sunday roast.”
Review of Yarbridge Inn

Yarbridge Inn
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Sandown
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We our a cosy little Pub/Restaurant that serves good wholesome traditional pub grub. Local produce is key to our cooking and use it where ever possible. We cater for all kinds of dietary requirements so just ask one of our friendly members of staff who will advise on our options. Although it says in our description 'Vegan options' we do not offer as many choices as the heading would lead you to believe. It is something I have tried to change but in vain. We do our best to cater for all so if you are Vegan please say when booking and we can discuss with you our options or create something for you if given enough time. We do love your furry four legged friends but when booking it is important to mention it to us so we can seat you accordingly. Unfortunately we are very small so our toilets do not have baby change facilities and it would also be tricky to get a wheelchair in them. Apart from the toilets we are great for wheelchair access with tarmac car pack and no steps to negotiate on entering if sat in our top restaurant. Jane, Richard, Becky and the team look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Sunday roast is one of those meals that you can either get right, or very wrong. There are only a couple of places on the island that I have tried who get it right, namely Taverners, The Pointer inn and The Ocean Deck. I'm sure there are more I have yet to discover but unfortunately the Yarbridge Inn turned out not to be one of those places. It has to be all home made for me to come out of the kitchen and give up my own roast for a meal out and I got the impression that a favourite aunty at least helped with the potatoes. They were a little too uniformly golden with the tell tale insides that are a world away from real roasties. Such a shame as the staff were friendly and welcoming (even when they completely messed up the bill, twice!). With so many fantastic places on the island to eat, I can live with not returning here.

2  Thank nursey-IsleofWight

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We traveled to the Island last weekend and visited The Yarbridge Inn for Sunday Lunch. I can do no more than give the food and service 10 / 10, it really was lovely. The staff are very attentive indeed and food is second to none. Inside the establishment is very nice and we look forward to going again.
Well done.

3  Thank Neil N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have been a few times now and found generally a nice place to eat. The staff are friendly and helpful, the food is good and generally better than average. The only thing that let down the visit was the tables just inside the door were very close and it felt a bit awkward having people quite so close. Maybe one of the 2 tables there could be changed to smaller size giving a little more privacy.

1  Thank jill T
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Ate here for the first time today and was really impressed. Have driven past so many times but never gone in as it doesn't look particularly special from the outside, turns out it's lovely inside and we had obviously been missing out! Great service and amazing food which was so well presented. The deserts were to die for too. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank NatashaMarie6
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went as a result of a recommendation so good went again today.
all round quality is superb.
Hot plates my main gripe anywhere was at Claridges last week and plate was cool to cold for a hot meal.Both meals I had were on lovely hot plates as were the vegetables!
Basically a pub converted into a lovely eating house with great staff and a lovely ambience.