“Not a bad little zoo”
Review of Isle of Wight Zoo

Isle of Wight Zoo
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Sandown
More attraction details
Owner description: The Isle of Wight Zoo is home to one of Britain's largest collection of tigers, many of whom are rescue animals. With several superb new enclosures modeled on natural tiger habitats in India, the zoo is a fantastic place to see these wonderful animals relaxing. A number of other animals also live there, including lemurs, jaguars and lions. Family friendly with disabled access throughout.
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not a bad little zoo”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

It's what you expect from a small zoo, the animals look well kept and gives you and the kids the chance to see animals they would probably never get to see, well worth the £10 entrance fee

2 Thank Steve D

• Polish first
Abingdon, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Looks shabby outside, but I guess it's ok!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

first can I say, I visited a zoo way back when I was 10, I'm now 67, when there were all kinds of elephants, giraffes, ect, this zoo doesn't have that, but it has large cats, and smaller animals, monkeys ect, I found this place worth a visit without having the wow factor!

United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“not alot has changed in years”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

First visited here 9 years ago,not a lot has changed,as a regular visitor to Colchester zoo I feel a lot could be improved on(I know Colchester zoo is dearer but I would rather see a better kept environment).The price for my 2 children,partner & I was £32.50 to get in,i doubled up my nectar points so if you have them its a good idea to use them.The zoo is an old fort so has various nooks and crannies to explore.It has various monkey,goat,wallby cages but on the whole the only reason I go is to see the tigers.They had various tigers and a white lion,which were lovely to see but looking at the enclosures and size they have to roam in isn't alot.Seeing them in these enclosures is soul destroying,as much as they are looked after & rescued I do feel for them.I personally wont visit again.It needs serious updating,most of all for the animals.We stayed 1 hour.

portsmouth
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a great day out”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

a very good day out.The zoo is quite small but this enables you to see the animals well and really feel part of it.The zoo keepers are excellent and make sure plenty is going on for you to enjoy watching.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small but Beautiful”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Although this is a small zoo I was very impressed by both the staff and the animal enclosures. There was detailed information available about the animals, and the tour guide was entertaining, passionate and great with the visitors. I highly recommend treating yourself to the wallaby and meerkat encounters although spaces are limited. I fully intend to go again, possibly going for one of the special encounters or the photography lessons.